Lake larto

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    My God, if you're Wond"ring Aloud how to get there, you can always ask Cross-eyed Mary for directions, because Mother Goose won't help. But, eat a breath mint first, she doesn't like Locomotive Breath! If it was Up to Me, when you Wind Up the trip, find an 18 wheeler headed your way so you can Slipstream on the way back.

Last edited:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I couldn't figure any way to plausibly incorporate an aqualung AND a hymn. :D But, I'm pretty proud of the rest. Have a good trip. Happy Independence!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Saw them live on the Aqualung and Thick as a Brick tours.:

Here's something very few people remember: Saw them at Audubon Zoo(at night). When the Audubon Inst. experimented with holding concerts there for extra cash and exposure. Didn't last long, though.

I guess the animals got tired of the stoners, drunks, and knuckleheads.

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    Wow... So its's not faster to go through Marksville?

THanks!

Nope, you would have to go all the way to Deville then east to Jonesville. It is 70 miles from Deville to Larto lake by highway. It is only 25 by water from Big Creek on the west end of Saline Lake. It would be twice as fast for you to go through Natchez.

Cookoff

Retired State and Mil. AF
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    what are you smoking?

My God, if you're Wond"ring Aloud how to get there, you can always ask Cross-eyed Mary for directions, because Mother Goose won't help. But, eat a breath mint first, she doesn't like Locomotive Breath! If it was Up to Me, when you Wind Up the trip, find an 18 wheeler headed your way so you can Slipstream on the way back.

I don't know what your mind set is, but Damn you need help,,,,the guy only wanted directions,,,

Cookoff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    You are a Sick person he only wanted directions...

Sick you must be on drugs...

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    :eek3: :rockon: :blah: Out of touch. no

Follow this link for enlightenment: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aqualung_%28Jethro_Tull_album%29 Its a safe link. I promise your eyes won't bleed or your head explode from reading it.:run:

A decade is a terrible thing to waste.

Mojo: Aqualung is it. Thick as a Brick, pretty good. Their earlier stuff, I thought was a bit sophomoric and unrefined. The later albums were over the top esoterically. With the exception of isolated cuts, I considered them to be a two album band. But, nobody can top Ian Anderson on the flute.

Gotta say, you impress me, since you were -1 year old when it was released. Maybe your folks were fans and you listened in the womb. :D

Last edited:

Cookoff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    I'm sorry I wasted some years, 1972 , Vietnam, 8th air force, 2nd Airbourn Munitions maintenance squadrun, task , bombing north vietnam, B-52 BUFFS, ending the war,, What did you do...???

Cookoff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    I'm waiting for your responce Leon, I think you are a good person,who is miss-directed..and yes I was a staff sargent in the military, when I was retired, I was wounded in my left shoulder andmy left hip, really sucks, I am IN pain most of the time,, they do not tell y ou about this when you are injured, you find out about all of this later when you get old, I'm 61 years old now , and I have buried all of my friends,,all I want to do is educate the young bucks, but they mosely don't want to learn anything,but I try anyway,I hope you have a good life,,, My wife of 40 years is telling me to turn off the computer and go to sleep, and I will do that,,

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'm waiting for your responce Leon, I think you are a good person,who is miss-directed..and yes I was a staff sargent in the military, when I was retired, I was wounded in my left shoulder andmy left hip, really sucks, I am IN pain most of the time,, they do not tell y ou about this when you are injured, you find out about all of this later when you get old, I'm 61 years old now , and I have buried all of my friends,,all I want to do is educate the young bucks, but they mosely don't want to learn anything,but I try anyway,I hope you have a good life,,, My wife of 40 years is telling me to turn off the computer and go to sleep, and I will do that,,

Cookoff, first and foremost: Thanks for your service and your sacrifice! I feel for you though I have no idea of what you endured and are going through. Please understand that some are just having fun with innuendo and double entendre. I assure you that no one of any character is toying with you here. It is all in fun!

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    ........ending the war,.........
    May want to reconsider that part, a little over the top.

You got my answer by PM. Didn't you bother to read it, either.

I don't know what's eating you, but its a lot more than a little repartee here. Try decaf. Next time try reading the whole thread before you pop a vein.

Btw, I'm no "young buck." Just an old *uck, like you.

Save your time responding, I will not be able to see it. Suggest you do same.

Last edited:

mrmojo32

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Denham Springs Louisiana
    Leonidas is talking about a decade in music.... His first response to me was because of my avatar and had nothing to do with being disrespectful about my asking directions. Cookoff, I am sure whatever was in his PM to you will clarify things. :)

mrmojo32

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Denham Springs Louisiana
    :eek3: :rockon: :blah: Out of touch. no

Follow this link for enlightenment: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aqualung_%28Jethro_Tull_album%29 Its a safe link. I promise your eyes won't bleed or your head explode from reading it.:run:

A decade is a terrible thing to waste.

Mojo: Aqualung is it. Thick as a Brick, pretty good. Their earlier stuff, I thought was a bit sophomoric and unrefined. The later albums were over the top esoterically. With the exception of isolated cuts, I considered them to be a two album band. But, nobody can top Ian Anderson on the flute.

Gotta say, you impress me, since you were -1 year old when it was released. Maybe your folks were fans and you listened in the womb. :D

Leonidas, I really do not care for Thick as a Brick but I do like Storm Watch although it is not in the same class of Aqualung.

Top Bottom