Landrieu replied to me

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Mine is the same.

You mean she didn't take the time to write me individually? Boo.

ETA: I emailed her back... but not sure they'll get it by hitting the reply button on that email. I think the address is good, though.

Thank you for the response. I, and many others that received it, would like to caution you on your statement of "...important role that government plays in upholding statutes that aim to limit such tragedies." While that is true, the government's response can not be that certain guns should be banned, more costs to legally obtaining firearms be implemented, or the rights of ANY law-abiding citizen should be infringed.

As you know, the constitution clearly states that the rights granted by the second amendment shall not be infringed. Period. It doesn't say, "...shall not be infringed unless there's a tragedy committed with firearms..." This cannot be the answer. Any legislation to the contrary is blatantly unconstitutional.

I'm not mentally-ill. I hold no ill-will or wish harm on any person. Why, then, should my rights be limited because of the actions of such a small minority of mentally-ill persons that abused their rights?

It is my hope that you will vote down any proposed legislation that would limit the rights of me and those like-minded, law-abiding citizens like me to bear arms legally and responsibly. I can assure that any representative that votes "yay" to more gun control will lose my vote and many, many more.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Last edited:

Sully

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Sulphur
    I'm sure that will impress her enough to vote our way. Good job Sir.

Although most is true of my statement, she might smell like chocolate?, I did email her a serious request. Along with other congressmen as well. I am doing what I can and will do more if needed.

Last edited:

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I got the same canned response.

My reply:

Senator Landrieu:

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my inquiry. Unfortunately your reply leads me to believe that you fully intend to vote to restrict our rights protected by the Constitution. Those rights were not established for sporting purposes, nor for hunting. Our forefathers were recovering from a bloody rebellion against tyranny at the time those words were written. They wrote the Second Amendment to ensure that their children, grandchildren, and heirs would always have the means to fight tyranny with arms suitable to the task.

The recent shootings that you mentioned in your letter are indeed tragic. However; They must be taken in prospective. Gun violence is far down the list of tragic things the befall people in our society. These tragedies are only being used as an excuse to limit our freedom. Our rights. Our heritage. The truth is that in each of the instances that you mentioned in your email, the perpetrators of those crimes were already breaking laws. That did not dissuade them. Why would you think more laws would dissuade them? Do we punish the law abiding citizens of this country for the misdeeds of a very few? Would you ban all automobiles because of a few drunk drivers?

This is not about gun control. It is about control. I once saw a movie where only the police and the military had guns. It was called
    "Schindler's List". Is that what you envision for our future?

I will remind you that you serve a State that is very fond of it's Second Amendment Rights. You are coming up for re-election in the mid-term. You have already stood on the wrong side of many issues that will upset your supporters. Are you willing to risk your career to support legislation that will affect so many of your constituents in a negative way? The internet is a powerful tool, and can mobilize a vast army of voters in the next election. I heard your braggadocios proclamation regarding your war chest, and potential opponents. Are you willing to hand your opponents the hammer that will close the lid on your service? How much money will you have to spend to over come this bad decision?

I sincerely hope that you will reconsider supporting any 'feel good' legislation that will restrict our freedom. The Freedom that I spent many years defending in our Armed Service. The Freedom that I defended in Combat. The Freedom that every generation has spilled blood to defend. Don't make all that for naught. Please.

LjDoIron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Marrero
    Same here, so I sent this response:

Dear Senator,
    Thank you for your canned reply, I am somewhat shocked by that response. Representing a state of Voters (your constituants) like myself who just overwhelmingly passed SB 303 (amending Article 1 Section 11 of our Louisiana Constution). I myself would be concerned that I would loose my seat in 2015, if I voted in favor of any legislation restricting Guns, Ammo or Accessories.

Respectfuly,
    XXXXX X XXXXXX

pallnet

I like chicken..
    Rating - 50%
    2   2   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Slidell
    DBMJR1
    I'm good with words at times but man that's a good reply.

I sent all of mine out lastnight so I'm waiting on a reply. I also sent one to Jindal telling him that many would support any opposition he may have on a state level. I know he will do what he can but sometimes people feel stronger when they have others backing them.

Landrieu can't be trusted and the proof is in her words. Look at the healthcare disaster and her being bought...
    pallnet

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Heck....I can barely read half of my emails every day....and I am not holding any public office. I can only imagine the volume of emails someone in public office gets. I mean really....Does anyone expect to get a hand written response from a US Senator. Or even unique individual responses. It would be next to impossible to respond to every email IMO.
    I seriously doubt any Senator can or does respond to every email.

Prion911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2011
    I love how she thinks we are asking her something -- I am telling her not to vote for any gun control bill. Is she our representative or not? I hate her attitude that we cannot decide what we want. It is hers to decide and to "compromise"

Makes me sick.

Shadowboxer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Alexandria, LA
    I got the same load of crap canned reponse.

The proof of her true feelings is in her choice of wording of the following:

While preserving the rights of honest gun collectors, sportsmen and owners who possess firearms for traditionally lawful purposes

"honest" gun collectors????

"traditionally lawful puposes"???

what the hell does that mean?

I still haven't heard from Vitter, but I sure as hell better not get the same thing. I expected as much from Ms. Mary. We need to vote her out.

pallnet

I like chicken..
    Rating - 50%
    2   2   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Slidell
    I think I heard on the radio the other day that Vitter spoke out against barry's gun control plans.
    I've yet to recieve a reponce from anyone.
    pallnet

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PatRome
    Top Bottom