Landrieu Voted For Amendment

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Not arguing with your sentiment. But a thank you note lets her know folks were watching. Which may influence her calculations going forward.
    Therein lies the problem, and the futility of dealing with lefties like this. They vote based on CALCULATIONS, not convictions or principles, and don't give a rat's a$$ about what we think.

Every Dem, and most of the current Republicans, can all go to hell.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Therein lies the problem, and the futility of dealing with lefties like this. They vote based on CALCULATIONS, not convictions or principles, and don't give a rat's a$$ about what we think.

Every Dem, and most of the current Republicans, can all go to hell.

No, they like getting re-elected. The trick is to make them think their job depends on voting the way we want.

This is what I don't get about those who bitch and complain, but have never bothered to write their reps or even vote. We've all got to do our part to let them know what we think. IMO, too many of us sit on the sidelines.

(I'm not saying you or any one person in particular does this, but we all know people do this)

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I don't understand your problem with my comment. Please elaborate. FWIW, I was around when the kool aid term was coined. Please don't assume you know my intellect.

I didn't have a problem with your comment till now! I was agreeing with you, but if you want to fight about it!!!!!!!

:mad:

:eek3:

:rofl:

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Did I miss something with this bill. Can't we already carry concealed across state borders if that state has reciprocity with La?:confused:

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    I didn't care for it to start with... the Federal Government should not be able to force a state to do something such as recognize a CHP, that's just too much power and can set the wrong precedence for future stuff - especially 2nd Amendment related.

While I am as anti-fed as the next guy, this is the first 2A law I have ever seen in DC that actually is Constitutional.

The full faith and credit clause is actually a sound justification, as opposed to the commerce clause.

mb504

Better than Cheese
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    New Orleans
    I watched the whole proceedings via C-SPAN's website... When the Anti-CCW/Amendment side was saying it was a state's rights issue, I was wondering "Were those the same arguments held up to oppose the 13th Amendment?"

And it seemed like the ones for the amendment were much more knowledgeable about firearms laws. I don't know of any state that allows minors to carry concealed weapons (yes that was said).

On a related note, it was a great illustration, when Barassso pulled out his Wyoming concealed carry license on the floor of the Senate and said he wanted it to be as valid nationally as his drivers license.

mb504

Better than Cheese
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    New Orleans
    Yes, this bill would have allowed you to go into states that do not permit concealed carry and that have STRICT gun laws

If they didn't permit CC, you wouldn't be albe to carry there. So you would have been able to carry in every state but IL and WI (no carry in DC, either, since it's not a state)

JustinB

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Metairie
    Amazing she was even re-elected last year. I wish we could have gotten a real conservative to run against her.

As it was said before; she just wants to keep her job.

henry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Understand something about a politician,....a clever politician knows how to play the game, and it is a game. She knows that Louisiana is a pro-gun state, she is a senator from that state. The question is, how does she vote for something she doesn't support, but do it in a way that the people will think she supported it,.........
    Answer, you always wait to see if the bill has any chance of passing, if it looks like it is going to fail, then vote for it. Now you can tell your constituants that you supported it.
    See is a master of this ploy.
    If a politician really wanted to do what they were elected for, they would not spend the bulk of their time in Washington trying to build their power profile and would come home every now and then, have a town hall meeting and get some kind of sense what the people of their state wanted them to do and go back to D.C. and carry out the votes that benefited their home state.
    How many politicians do you see doing that?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom