LAPD officer shoots man 6 times in back; cleared of wrongdoing

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge

TL;DR
    LAPD officers pulls up to a group of 3 men walking on a sidewalk. One of the men starts running away. Cop shoots man 6 times in the back. The man collapses on the sidewalk and the cop walks up and fires one more kill shot. Then another 2 kill shots. Man dies. The cop later claims the man had a gun. Gun never found. Cop claims self defense and is cleared of any wrongdoing.

And they wonder why Dorner had a grudge against these ****ers.

http://reason.com/blog/2012/09/18/newly-released-surveillance-footage-show

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La

TL;DR
    LAPD officers pulls up to a group of 3 men walking on a sidewalk. One of the men starts running away. Cop shoots man 6 times in the back. The man collapses on the sidewalk and the cop walks up and fires one more kill shot. Then another 2 kill shots. Man dies. The cop later claims the man had a gun. Gun never found. Cop claims self defense and is cleared of any wrongdoing.

And they wonder why Dorner had a grudge against these ****ers.

http://reason.com/blog/2012/09/18/newly-released-surveillance-footage-show

What is a 'kill shot'?
    What lesser type of 'shot' do you advocate or use?

A gun was found.
    He was shot 4 times total, possibly shot at 7 total

Embellish much?

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    what is a 'kill shot'?
    What lesser type of 'shot' do you advocate or use?

A gun was found.
    He was shot 4 times total, possibly shot at 7 total

embellish much?

dont let your mother ****ing facts ruin a good police bashing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kill shot!!!!!!!! Obamaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! N

Lurker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Denham Springs LA
    A gun was found, that had no bad guy prints on it. No cop would EVER drop a weapon to cover his ass though...that would be wrong.

Seems to me if the bad guy kept reaching for his gun there might have been a print or two on it. Just sayin

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    A gun was found, that had no bad guy prints on it. No cop would EVER drop a weapon to cover his ass though...that would be wrong.

Seems to me if the bad guy kept reaching for his gun there might have been a print or two on it. Just sayin

Do you realize how much the stars, planets, zeus, and allah have to align to be able to lift usable prints off of something? Don't look to the media for information about police work.

BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    Wow. I've seen a lot of OPs go off on tangents with very little information, but this one really takes the cake.

OP: Did you even read the article you posted?

On topic: The footage isn't even remotely close enough to gather details. There is no way to tell if a gun was reached for or not. The "victim" wasn't a choir boy.

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Gun did not have the perp's prints. He was shot in the back 3 times while running away and one more time while the cop was standing over the body. I really do not see how that is defensible.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Gun did not have the perp's prints. He was shot in the back 3 times while running away and one more time while the cop was standing over the body. I really do not see how that is defensible.

You don't see that as defensible because you are inexperienced and ignorant of what constitutes a defensible shooting. All of those points that you made are irrelevant to whether or not it was a good shoot.

Lurker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Denham Springs LA
    You don't see that as defensible because you are inexperienced and ignorant of what constitutes a defensible shooting. All of those points that you made are irrelevant to whether or not it was a good shoot.

Would it be defensible if that were a civilian and not a cop? It is my understanding (and may very well be incorrect) that a cop is only allowed to use his firearm in the same "defense of life and limb" ways as a civilian. As the bad guy was running away and lessening his "means to do grave bodily injury or death" I honestly don't understand how it would be clean. I fully admit we only see crappy pictures and thus should not judge entirely but my question remains, if you saw the exact same footage and there was no cop involved, would your reaction to the video be the same?

I am not concerned for my safety as if I am approached by a LEO, I comply so as to avoid at all costs of being shot by said LEO, so this is not my concern. I am simply trying to discuss rationally what has been posted.

Last edited:

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge

Just because it is lawful doesn't mean its moral. Switch the rolls around, is it the same scenario? Of course not. It would be considered cold blooded murder. The saying used to go that might makes right; now it is if you have the badge you are right.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom