Lasermax: worth the money?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jhh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2006
    River Ridge
    I've been debating on getting a laser sight for my 1911, not so much for actual use, but more for "practice" so I can improve my grip, etc without having to go to the range.

Does anyone have any experience with the Lasermax (laser goes in the guide rod area) products? It looks like a neat idea, but if I were to actually use it for it's intended purpose I'd be worried about damage to it (it's expensive, 400$) from heat and vibration.

I didn't want to get the crimson trace grips just because I like the wood ones I have now.

Off topic, for the New Orleans area people: Moreys new shop (10-8 tactical) is open. I don't think he has his mill set up yet so no gunsmithing, but he already has a decent selection of guns and random other stuff. I already bought a new carry gun (PPK/S) from there, and his prices were pretty good. Best service I've had in a long time as well.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    This is a little late, but I've had 3 LaserMax sights and all were extremely good with no trouble at all. You never know it's there until it's clicked on.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    This is even later but I have 2 one on a G-17 with over 2000 rounds on it and one on a G-30 I got with the gun. I love them both.With a little practice you can hip shoot bullseyesout to 25 yards.At a indoor range or at nite.

Top Bottom