Late season dove hunt on last day of the season. Pics included.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    This weekend was the last weekend for doves, so we gathered the crew and got after it. The approaching cold front brought the birds in and we had a pretty good hunt. We also plant some sunflowers and soybeans each year to keep them in the area, but it really is more weather dependent as to whether we have birds or not. Some years we see little or none even with the beans and sunflowers, but this year they were here. It was really good for me, as my oldest son and brother were able to make the hunt which always makes for a good time. My brother and son are always working and we just can’t hunt that much because of this. My son and I each got our limits and my brother came close. Everyone got to shoot a good bit, but the hit percentage was absolutely horrible. We had folks from 16 years old to 90 years old. After the hunt we went to our shop and cleaned the birds and ate a big pot of vegetable beef soup. It was a perfect way to close out the hunting season for this year. The pictures are my son and I , then the group shot and finally my brother, son, my uncle, with the old beeman.
    1fe358c660b59573a38f496781ec1457.jpg

9d55c874751f3182d440ade1329e59b3.jpg

2245f793329ae2a7eb392ca8fa8d03d0.jpg

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Very nice! Looks like it was a great time.

I see some cream cheese stuffed, bacon wrapped breasts with a pepper jelly glaze on the grill soon too! Or in your case some jalapeno pepper relish and honey glaze. Lol......

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    I am sure that a great time was had by all... What great family memories bein made.... And the good tasty meals to follow. ........................................ drill sgt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom