LaToya Da Destroya wants dat proof

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Yep, I can live without going into New Orleans ever again. I'm sure that'll be great for their hard hit tourism industry.

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Grew up around there. I try to avoid going there to the greatest extent possible. I'm sure they're just as happy that I don't enter the city limits and spend money there.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I drive the streets of New Orleans everyday. The worst that I see is about 1-5 traffic wrecks(including Jefferson Parish) everyday. I keep my distance from other vehicles and get out of the way of stupid aggressive drivers(sometimes I even pass them up after they get into a wreck.) I have only been fired upon once in my lifetime in New Orleans.

Bourbon st is a ********. I will admit that. I avoid Bourbon and there is much more city to enjoy.

For example, City Park is beautiful and well cared for. It features beautiful lagoons with swans and ducks, a Cafe Domonde, the Botanical Gardens, an amusement park, Storyland for kids, several fields for softball and soccer, Christian Brothers School, New Orleans Museum of Art(free on Wednesday with Louisiana ID), a tennis court, numerous pick nick areas, and Golf Courses. It is patrolled by 3rd District NOPD and City Park Police.

Uptown and much of Mid-City are actually very nice. Very wealthy people pay for their children to attend Tulane and Loyola Universities. The biggest reason seems to be that the Uptown life is enjoyed very much by this affluent group of young people. Their parents would not send them to a ******** folks!

I live in a nice quiet part of Mid-City. I feel at peace in my home every day. After my adventures with the Marines, I need that.
    Those of you who don’t live in New Orleans really do not understand the whole picture. Some of you just want to focus on the negative.
    Anti-gun liberals like to focus on the negative when they insinuate that gun owners only use AR15s for mass shootings. They let the media pull their tails with negative stories about guns. The media likes to report negative things about New Orleans and it looks like some gun owners are taking the bait.

Yes folks, the same anti-gun media is bad mouthing New Orleans and gun owners!
    Are you folks going to buy into all that 100%?

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA

Oh no, I guess I will have to show that picture of my vaccination card that I got at the Veterans Administration Hospital on Tulane Ave. Was it so bad that I served our country and just added one more vaccination to the endless list of vaccinations I got while in the Marines?
    Oh no, I have to wear a mask(KN95 in my case since the Movie/TV industry gives them out like candy.) It much worse than wearing that M82 gas mask!

I have Saints season tickets, so it looks like I will wear a mask in the Dome this season.
    Those of you in the rural areas that enjoy state sales tax revenue can keep watching it on your 100inch TVs!

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    I have only been fired upon once in my lifetime in New Orleans.
    Getting fired upon once anywhere is not good regardless where you are. I was in Nawlins a few years back for a medical training conference and 2 people got killed within 30 minutes of each incident on the same street we were on walking to our hotel room. One was stabbed and one was shot. Nawlins is still a cesspool city!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I spent a year there in the 80’s when the World’s Fair was going down. I enjoyed the city during that time. Unfortunately at this point in time the bad outweighs the good. As far as understanding the whole picture, there’s just nothing there that is good enough to outweigh the negative for me. It seems to be the case for many folks and has certainly had a negative impact on tourism. The Mayor and her shenanigans will only add to that impact. Only use the airport there now.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I for one am shocked at the discriminatory nature of this vaccine card requirement. Where is the NAACP, Rev Sharpton? I mean, we have been told repeatedly by numerous liberals that requiring an ID to vote will disenfranchise minority voters. Now this... :eek3:

Seriously, I think they are overplaying their hands on this vaccine passport stuff. I mean, you can still have the 'Rona after vaccination. So, how does this work?

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    My body, my choice right? Or does that only count if you wanna kill a fetus? I'm actually pro choice, just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Riverc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Torbert,La.
    Wonder if Mayor Broome follows Cantrell and does the same in Baton Rouge.King Edwards would love that sure he's behind this.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I’m waiting for them to recommend (mandate) men have their thyroid removed and women have a hysterectomy to slow the spread of Covid, how many would line up to get cut? Vaccine, booster, mask, distancing...mandatory vaccines to be free...what’s enough?

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I haven't seen it brought up yet, but wouldnt this violate privacy laws somehow? I mean, as far as I understand, you are not required or even supposed to divulge in your personal medical history with anyone other than your Dr. Correct? Please tell me I'm wrong if I am, but this sounds to me like a blatant disregard to both privacy and discrimination laws.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I for one am shocked at the discriminatory nature of this vaccine card requirement. Where is the NAACP, Rev Sharpton? I mean, we have been told repeatedly by numerous liberals that requiring an ID to vote will disenfranchise minority voters. Now this... :eek3:

Seriously, I think they are overplaying their hands on this vaccine passport stuff. I mean, you can still have the 'Rona after vaccination. So, how does this work?

And you should be! If it is true that almost 70% of blacks are un-vaccinated, then this stupidity will almost certainly affect them disproportionately.

The only upside for restaurants in this is they will have less people eating almost their entire meal before they say it was **** and demand a full refund, and fewer waiters will be stiffed with no tip. ;)

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    Did you guys all get your panties in a wad about the other dozen state-required vaccinations, or is it just this one that's macho to cry about?

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Just the one rushed to the public, that still hasn't been approved by the FDA.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Did you guys all get your panties in a wad about the other dozen state-required vaccinations, or is it just this one that's macho to cry about?

I'm not aware of any other vaccine that we have to show proof of before entering a place of business.

I'm fully vaccinated. I encourage others to be fully vaccinated.

I draw the line at requiring papers to participate in society.

I simply WILL NOT COMPLY. I will bring my business to an establishment where papers are not required.

I WILL NOT COMPLY at the shop where I am the manager, should the Governor follow suit.

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    I draw the line at requiring papers to participate in society. I simply WILL NOT COMPLY.

Good on you! Though... do you carry your CHP with you when you're armed, your passport when you board a plane, or keep your vehicle registration and insurance papers in your glovebox? Have you ever been ID'd to buy alcohol? Rhetorical questions, no need to answer.

Top Bottom