Lawmaker attempting to License Volunteers (Cajun Navy)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LA Trapper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    Natchitoches
    There is a lawmaker from the Lafayette area that wants government regulations on future actions by citizen heroes. He wants to charge fees and training to license volunteers for future rescues so they can pass by law enforcement. Another friggin politician trying to legislate something that is natural. People helping people. How stupid can you be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This whole thing worked because GOVERNMENT WAS NOT INVOLVED.

During Katrina, the Governor exercised an emergency clause telling school bus drivers to assemble on Hwy 190 to go to New Orleans to transport people. Pack a bag and be ready to stay for a week. Natchitoches Parish sent every bus we had, private owners, school system owned, all buses. They go down and assemble then State Police turns them around and said they can't pass, go home. They go back to Natchitoches. The Governor's office calls and asked where are your buses? We explained what happened and they were sent home. The Governor's office said send them back down tomorrow. Really? They were not sent back down. Again, government got involved.

What about an idea? Tell law enforcement to let them through. There, problem solved. Those new fangled things that people carry, what are they called...........radios? Yes, use the radio and put someone in charge with the different agencies to let them through.

This Senator Perry may be a Republican, but he is acting like a Democrat.

I am amazed at the stupidity that assembles in Baton Rouge in the name of government.

BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town
    I had to go look and see if this guy changed parties somewhere in his political career. Couldn't believe this was coming from a Republican. My guess, he's got something to gain...maybe he owns some kind of safety training facility....or wants to...there has to be so,etching in it for him.

At any rate, Wikipedia has already written his future...LOL...cut and paste from their website:

Perry is also known as a comedian and has released DVDs of his stand-up Cajun routines.[4] Perry is among the most sought after Cajun comedians in the world and is a past "king" of the "International Cajun Joke Telling Contest." He was bedt known for derailing his political career with an attempt to extort volunteers in the Cajun navy by forcing them to obtain permits to help people in flooded areas after devastating storms in Acadiana in August 2016. He was voted out of office shortly thereafter.[5]

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I'll post different than the other thread.

That guy can blow it out his arse.
    Depend on the government to save your life and your chances of survival will be dramatically diminished

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    Perry has a post on Facebook attempting to explain what his proposal really is and what it's intended to address -- liability and safety. Not defending the guy, just suggesting folks put their pitchforks down long enough to get the facts. I do know some "rescuers" were turned away by state and parish LEOs, and some were actually arrested when they didn't comply with orders from LEOs -- my nephew was one of those turned away from one flooded area, and knowing his mouth, I'm surprised he was not also one of those arrested.

Top Bottom