Lawmakers comment on Hi-Cap Magazine Ban

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grendal

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Metairie
    Sen. Landrrieu, I would like you to show us a "30 round clip."

Sens. Frank Lautenberg, D-N.J., and John Kerry, D-Mass., can I really buy a gun from a dealer at a gun show without a background check? Where? I will attend that show.

Sen. Richmond. I can reload with an eight round .45 ACP mag and fire thirty two rounds almost as fast as someone can blast through a a single thirty one round mag. If you had experience with firearms, you would know this.

Sen. Kerry, how many background checks do criminals avoid? They carry military assault weapons? Really?

So how is limiting mag capacity going to stop shootings? Oh, the same way removing the evil bayonet feature did. Or the same way Mexico will not let their citizens have firearms, because we know there is not violence in Mexico.

Last edited:

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Theres a similar thread running about Obama's plans to intro/reintro legislation in the next few weeks. That post was from foxnews.

And note the comment by Cheney at the end. RINO's are going to sell us ALL out folks. If you look at the composition of the current House, RINO's are in the majority vs conservatives. If you factor in Dems who would vote for this, it's overwhelming.

If the election of Nov got you relaxed and thinking that theres no way that anti 2A issues will get a hearing, you're very naive imo. We are still facing a very hostile media, changing demographics from rural to urban, and a large population of folks who wouldn't know the Constitution if it was written on their rolling papers.

Just my .02.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I have some clips, they do not hold 31 rounds.
    Most are already 10 I believe, so their law would be uneffective.
    Now magazines, that is a different story.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Final rant on this topic regarding the last couple of posts. I hear ya.

Figure this as a tactic, and an effective one at that I'll admit, for EVERY lefty to use. "Well I too own an X and would never want to limit a Constitutional protection but..." In short, it's a lie and that is what pols do these days (and maybe always did).

Maybe Richmond/Kerry/Whomever does own a weapon, maybe not. But how it works, what else can be done with it other than what HE does, he has NO clue. The idea that just owning firearms, enjoying their precision for sports of various kinds, the "fun" you can have with your family in a day of shooting is alien to these assclowns. Or they fear you and I for the power that private civilian ownership confers to the populace that prevents absolute control. Or both.

And THAT is the truth.

Rant over. Maybe. :)

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Look up some of the bills Richmond has tried to introduce EVERY YEAR while he was a state rep and you'll see this is nothing new. He's as anti gun as any politician you'll ever meet- anywhere.

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    if only there was a video of someone who is trained shooting off 3 10 round magazine as fast as or close enough to a 30 round magazine.

Oh btw. I didn't vote for Cedric Richman. :)

Last edited:

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Richmond makes me laugh. Barbara Norton made me laugh for the same reason.

"I fully support a person's Second Amendment right to have a gun"

If ever there was a qualified statement, that's it. You can have a gun, the kind I say you can have. And you can register it with the government. Then when we come and take them from you in a declared emergency we'll know what you have. Thanks for playing "The 2nd amendment according to libs".

Top Bottom