LCR Lead Removal

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Happy New Years everyone.

Need some advice please.

Had the kids over Yesterday and we shot my LCR Approx 60 rounds of Winchester 158 grain Lead Semi Wad cutters. X38SPD

As I putting the gun back into my ankle holster before putting back my SD ammo I saw what looked like lead/crud in the cylinders.

Simply set the pistol aside and now looking for reccomendations on what to use to clean her with....

All suggestions appreciated I usually dont shoot lead bullits through my LCR and don't shoot it to much period:{

Thanks

S.

rocketsteve

Florida Cracker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Nowhere
    Happy New Years everyone.

Need some advice please.

Had the kids over Yesterday and we shot my LCR Approx 60 rounds of Winchester 158 grain Lead Semi Wad cutters. X38SPD

As I putting the gun back into my ankle holster before putting back my SD ammo I saw what looked like lead/crud in the cylinders.

Simply set the pistol aside and now looking for reccomendations on what to use to clean her with....

All suggestions appreciated I usually dont shoot lead bullits through my LCR and don't shoot it to much period:{

Thanks

S.

I use Hoppes Tornado Bore brushes, on all of my firearms, whenever they have lead fouling the barrel or cylinder. They are extremely effective and DO NOT damage barrel rifling.

http://www.brownells.com/gun-cleani...es/bore-brushes/tornado-brushes-prod9791.aspx

m6jngvfe2x5vp8bhcil9.jpg

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    For heavy leading try the Lewis Lead Removal system. But I'd be VERY surprised if you need anything more than a barrel regular cleaning from so few lead rounds.

Dave

rbawcom

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    LAKE CHARLES, LA
    I reload lead and shoot it all the time. My best results achieved by wraping bore brush with strands of Chore Boy brass cleaning pads. Works great. Just dont build up the brush too much.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom