LDWF License Now On LA Wallet

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 991GT3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I've been waiting for this to happen. It only made sense.

Now your fishing/hunting licenses are available on LA Wallet.

One of the better things this state has done for us.

Actually, it’s incremental steps for the Social Control Application.

It will soon be just like China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

991GT3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    This is an app that you load on your phone. It allows you to have a legal driver's license on your phone, along with your vaccination status and LWDF licenses, if you opt in.

The license is legal to drive with, should you forget your wallet at home, and is valid ID for the purchase of a firearm, (Yes I called the ATF and asked).

Do you really want to live like they do in China?

I’ll pass.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Not sure what you have on your phone, but the app has a 'verify me' feature that allows him/her to scan a barcode. Should be no reason to hand over your phone.

Never the less, . . . Me handing the popo my phone is a better alternative than jail, or a citation, should I not have my wallet on my person.

If you use it to purchase a firearm, I have to take possession of your phone, briefly, in order to make a copy of the image. All done under your watchful eye.
    How do you think they would scan this barcode without handing them your phone for them to take back to their patrol vehicle. I don’t ha e anything to hide on my phone but I’d rather not hand it over to a random police officer. It’s really not that hard to remember your wallet on the way out of the house. My wallet and keys sit inside of my safe next to my carry gun.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Do you really want to live like they do in China?

I’ll pass.

What are you even talking about? I've been to China and have no clue what you're even referencing.....

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I've never been to China. What was it like ?

Some aspects were cool and unique. Hong Kong is very reminiscent of New York City, but humid and with mountains. Parts of Bejing reminded me of Paris to a degree. All in all, all of the people we were around were very welcoming and happy to have us there.

Don't get me wrong, many of the things the Chinese government does aren't very cool, but to try to say that having an app on your phone (that's optional) = China...give me a break. But maybe he has some knowledge about how "they" live in China that I'm unaware of.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Only on Bayou Shooter can a thread drift from LA Wallet, to life in China.

I bet they have killer Chinese Take Out.

Dude you joke, but we ate at the "Great Wall Restaurant" that was legit located next to the Great Wall. And we took some food back with us for the car ride back to the city, so technically we had takeout. Food was frickin' delicious.

Besides, talking about Chinese food >>> talking about cellphone apps

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Dude you joke, but we ate at the "Great Wall Restaurant" that was legit located next to the Great Wall. And we took some food back with us for the car ride back to the city, so technically we had takeout. Food was frickin' delicious.

Besides, talking about Chinese food >>> talking about cellphone apps

Some of the best food I've ever had was roadside in old Mexico. But most people wouldn't dare even stop.

Top Bottom