learn from my mistake...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mr.z28

learning...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    BR, LA
    so i broke my right hand(primary) Wednesday and have been stupid enough to not practice with my off hand despite reading and hearing over and over again to do so...the consequence is a splint/cast for the next 6 weeks and the venerability that comes along with it...what I've learned is to practice offhand both drawing and firing from concealment as well as if it affords you, to invest in a holster for your offhand...im gonna pick up a owb fobus holster in left hand draw later today...anywho learn from my mistake... :(:(:(

BlackStallion

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Funny you posted this. A few months back I had to get some stitches in my hand. Well, it got me thinking of possibly getting a revolver for ccw in addition to my semi autos. Because since one hand was injured I couldn't really work a semi auto pistol without ripping stitches and having a hand and gun soaked in blood.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Funny you posted this. A few months back I had to get some stitches in my hand. Well, it got me thinking of possibly getting a revolver for ccw in addition to my semi autos. Because since one hand was injured I couldn't really work a semi auto pistol without ripping stitches and having a hand and gun soaked in blood.

Try racking the slide on your belt. It's pretty easy to do. Works best if your rear sights are 90 degrees with the slide. I think Paul Gomez may have had a video; but I'm sure there are a ton of them on Youtube anyway.

Seems much easier than reloading a revolver with 1 hand :dunno:

mr.z28

learning...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    BR, LA
    my temporary solution is to pocket carry my lcp in the front left pocket...not the best but its what im doing until i thiink of something better...

Top Bottom