Leather appendix carry holster?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Any recommendations?

I dont really care for kydex with the exception of outside the waistband. Just personal preference.

MikeP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    I believe there is a Minotaur designed for that service. It's a hybrid leather/kydex construction. Great holster.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Kolbenson Leather works out of Texas, BESt AIWB leather holster in the market at this point.

I have personally tested the one he shaped for an Industry professional (M&P Shield) and its smooth and of extremely high quality. Price reflects it but leather requires an artist shaping it since its very unforgiving unlike plastics

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I finally have a M&P Shield in line to get to me, so I will be able to do shield holsters soon.

Making a zero cant holster isn't a problem, and well the design looks rather simple on the AIWB holsters. Is there anything special people are looking for, because I think I can get one out with a retail of $80-$90 depending on how long construction takes.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I finally have a M&P Shield in line to get to me, so I will be able to do shield holsters soon.

Making a zero cant holster isn't a problem, and well the design looks rather simple on the AIWB holsters. Is there anything special people are looking for, because I think I can get one out with a retail of $80-$90 depending on how long construction takes.

Some holster makers install a wedge that keeps the pistol close to the body.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Typically I have found the farther out you can put the attachment points, the more stable, concealable and comfortable an IWB holster will be, but it looks like the design of most of the AIWB holsters have the loops tight together sewn basically like a modified avenger style holster for IWB carry. When I get my M&P shield in I can try some things out, having the loops "inside" the gun will give some extra thickness to the holster. My gut is too big to test the holster right now, but we are working on that.

kengel2, what model gun do you need a holster for, I have dummies or real guns for at least 50 models, and I order 2-3 a month to build my collection.

Top Bottom