@#&%@ Lee Auto Prime

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sraiford

Pro Castle Law
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Baton Rouge and Mobile
    Alright.... I've been reloading pistol cartridges out of my Lee Pro 1000 for a while and now I'm going for rifle. My Pro 1000 won't fit 7mm so I go to Louisiana Guns and Reloading Suppy (commercial plug here, great guys, coffee, and fudge) and got the majority of what I needed, like another press and so on. Went to Cabelas to get the 7mm Mag die set.

I've mounted and prep'd everything and so I begin. Case holder in the press and punch out 20 primers with the greatest of ease. So now I go to the LEE AUTO PRIME XR and select the large primer tray and "ATTEMPT" to place my LEE SHELL HOLDER, that came with the die set, in the LEE AUTO PRIME XR. NO GO!!!!! the base of the freaking shell holder is wider that the slot, it is physically impossible without breaking something. AAAGGGHHHH:mad: what the hell.

Can anyone help me on this. Is there a different case holder just for the primer??? LA Guns is closed by now and I am ampped up to get started or at least correct what ever the hell is going on and be ready to load tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:

sraiford

Pro Castle Law
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Baton Rouge and Mobile
    Ok found out lee auto prime has separate shell holders just like RCBS. Went to Bass Pro and they had one set left for Lee and two left for RCBS. Beware though, some P.O.S. Had taken a few holders out of one kit. Check before you buy. Now to see if I can make my first 7pm reloads.

Top Bottom