Lee Classic 4 hole Press

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4thMiss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2014
    Port Allen, La.
    Any one here using the Lee 4 hole turret press..I am going to purchase one due to the ease of setup for dies of a caliber on the disc and leaving it set up. Only load for 9mm, 45 acp and 38/357 and can see the benefit of setting up the dies and leaving them set. have been using a Lyman crusher and RCBS Rockcrusher since the early 80's and will still use for 308 and 223 but the benefit of this press for volume loading of pistol ammo, what I shoot a lot of just makes since, Any plus's or negatives with the Lee?

francis8709

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Might just be mine but sometimes the die plate doesn't always index fully. I have to click it into place. Definitely not a deal breaker for me.

BigNick73

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Brandon, MS
    I've also had one for years even used it for loading .223. No complaints from me. I found the indexing issue is usually from me raising the handle to soft or hard after I get into a groove and get to churning them out too quickly. For the really high volume stuff I did by a Lee progressive and have been just as happy with it.

audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I use one while i am at school. its nice to have 3006 and 308 setup on a single head. I can load moa ammo on it for my 308 with ease. make sure to get the one with a cast iron base not the extruded aluminum.

BoatTrash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Pearl River, La
    Not sure of its Ok to post this here or not but I've recently got the bug to reload. My only problem is I know zero about reloading except what I've found online, videos and forums. How I found this one actually. So my questions are 1: what would be the best starter setup to buy? and 2: is it even worth it to buy one with the very limited availability of powder?

BoatTrash

francis8709

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    There are a few package deals out there that include everything you need to start. Depends on what you are loading, what you are doing with it (plinking or precision), and of course how much you want to spend.
    I've found the powder situation much like your favorite ammo - buy it when you find it.

BoatTrash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Pearl River, La
    I eventually want to load all my own ammo for hunting and plinking 5.56, 30-06, 9mm, and 45acp, not really worried about doing it fast just want to take my time and enjoy it as a hobby

BoatTrash

4thMiss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2014
    Port Allen, La.
    Reloading is like any other hobby, you can get into it on any level. I started in1980 with an RCBS Jr press loading 38/357 and 44 magnum. Later bought a Rockchucker and a Lyman crusher. Still use them both. I started initially to save money and shoot more. Buying the Lee for the same reason and a little more speed. The cost has gone up, just opened a 500 rnd box pf Precision coated 45 200gr Swc that are marked 33.95 from a couple years back. Bought 2 500 rnd 230br Bayou Bullets last week marked 59.95. Almost doubled in the last couple of years. Same with primers. But still able to load 45acp target loads with 5gr of bullseye for 17cents a round. The reason powder is somewhat scarce is just like 22 cal ammo, demand is high. Buy when you find it. Don't wait until you need it. Start off with a press and dies for what you shoot the most. Build your dies and equipment as you grow in the hobby and buy a good reloading manual from Speer, Hornady, Lyman and stick to the rules. You will become more proficient with loading and shooting. Good luck I just ordered the Lee4 hole and a couple of extra plates.

unclejhim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Jackson, La. (Port Hudson)
    I was / am in the same boat as you , no pun intended. I bought the RCBS RockChucker Supreme package last year and I'm very happy with it. I load 9mm, 38spl. /357, 35 whelen, 30-06 and 223. I'm not in a hurry and enjoy it as time permits. I took a class recently at La. Re-loading and it was well worth the time and money. Re-powder, like the man said, buy it when you find it.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    My dad got the RCBS RC package and likes it due to having a nice scale. I hate Lee scales but that may be me.
    I also have a RC set up

Top Bottom