Legal Chamberings for USPSA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roundabout

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Central Louisiana
    Is there anything in the USPSA rules that say you have to run a standard factory chambering? I've read through the USPSA rule book checking to see what's legal and the only thing I found basically says you have to at least shoot a 9mm.

Here is the scenario; if I rechamber my 686 to shoot 9mm, will there be any problem with me using this firearm in a USPSA match, assuming the loading makes minor?

vsound

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 25, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Minimum caliber is 9mm and you have to meet a minimum power factor of 125. Other than that, no restrictions. It may make a difference as to whether you shoot major or minor (depending on division), but as long as it meets the minimums, you should be good to go.

King of D Open
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Vieux Carre
    Changing the caliber eliminates Production.

Production Rule 21.3
    After-market slides and barrels – provided they are the same length, contour and caliber as original factory standard.​

Production Rule 21.3BARRELS: Current rules remain in effect - you may replace the barrel with an OEM or aftermarket barrel which is of the same length, contour and caliber as the original barrel for that model of gun.
    Special Notes/Clarifications:For purposes of this interpretation, a barrel within +/- 0.1” of OEM is “the same length”.​

smith625

REVOLVER DRIVER
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    port vincent louisiana
    You will have to shoot minor thus, A zone hit's are a premium. You will also have fun reloading that short cartridge. Some people i shoot ICORE with have gone to the 38 short colt and claim it loads easier. I have tried and prefer the longer brass.

roundabout

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Central Louisiana
    Duly noted my friend. You may be right, I could see where the reload could be hindered potentially but it's just one of those things I think I have to try. It is my hope to knock down time and improve hits by using a smaller revolver and smaller round. May not amount to a hill of beans difference but we won't know until we try.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Changing the caliber eliminates Production.

Production Rule 21.3
    After-market slides and barrels – provided they are the same length, contour and caliber as original factory standard.​

Production Rule 21.3BARRELS: Current rules remain in effect - you may replace the barrel with an OEM or aftermarket barrel which is of the same length, contour and caliber as the original barrel for that model of gun.
    Special Notes/Clarifications:For purposes of this interpretation, a barrel within +/- 0.1” of OEM is “the same length”.​

It wouldn't matter in his case, revolvers have their own category....

roundabout

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Central Louisiana
    I'm only rechambering the cylinder; no barrel change. Just trying something different. No sense in the folks running bottom feeders having all the fun trying new things.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom