legislation to ban gun silencers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Well, here it comes!!

New Jersey Democrats Sen. Bob Menendez and Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman on Thursday introduced legislation to ban gun silencers.

The 2021 Help Empower Americans to Respond (HEAR) Act, which Menendez first introduced in 2019 after the Virginia Beach mass shooting that killed 12 people, bans the sale, manufacturing, importation, transfer and possession of gun silencers.

He described the bill as "commonsense legislation that will prevent armed assailants from using these deadly devices to make it easier to shoot and kill another person."

The HEAR Act would also authorize a silencer buyback program, give Americans a 90-day grace period after the legislation is enacted to comply.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-legislation-ban-gun-silencers

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    "Gun silencers are dangerous devices with one purpose and one purpose only – to muffle the sound of gunfire from unsuspecting victims," Menendez said in a Thursday statement.

Congrats - If you own one you are either already a murderer or on your way to being a murderer, there is clearly no other path.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    The people proposing these bills are clueless. You would think in order to make a law for something you would have to actually have some sort of basic knowledge on the subject.

70068shooter

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    LaPlace, LA
    "Gun silencers are dangerous devices with one purpose and one purpose only – to muffle the sound of gunfire from unsuspecting victims," Menendez said in a Thursday statement.

Congrats - If you own one you are either already a murderer or on your way to being a murderer, there is clearly no other path.

My parents are going to be disappointed to discover they raised a murderer. Because my trust was recently submitted. The sad part about their commonsense gun legislation is the lack of commonsense.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Someone should put a suppressor on a AR-10 and let them shoot it inside without ear protection and see if it still needs to be banned.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    LOL K.

Let's ban the thing you need to pass another background check, submit prints, pay a tax, and have approved by the AFT.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Ban them. They are just a piece of metal. Just like bump stocks and braces are just pieces of plastic. They aren’t taking anyone’s firearms. Maybe they will take care of the Ghost ammunition that’s being made in peoples homes next. People can produce super duper extreme ammunition that shouldn’t be in the hands of civilians. Only LE and military.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Ban them. They are just a piece of metal. Just like bump stocks and braces are just pieces of plastic. They aren’t taking anyone’s firearms. Maybe they will take care of the Ghost ammunition that’s being made in peoples homes next. People can produce super duper extreme ammunition that shouldn’t be in the hands of civilians. Only LE and military.
    It will only end when we completely give up.

Something to chew on

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    We all know that the millions of legally owned silencers are used to murder people every day of the week! I guess all those murders are silently covered up by silently digging holes with Glock entrenching tools!

I do not see any common sense being used here. Prohibition legislation never has any common sense. This applies to prohibition legislation from Republicans(Anti-LGBT and Anti-Abortion) and Democrats(Anti-Gun and Anti-Free Speech/Religion.)

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I sure hope someone up there on Capitol Hill is using the argument of other countries legalizing suppressors for all without any special permit or tax stamp just like the left uses what other countries have done to promote gun control.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    These bills get introduced every year. Politicians bought out by Michael Bloomberg have, and will, and will continue to introduce legislation that has not an ice cube's chance in hell of passing.

Most of this is done for election posturing. "See, we introduced all of this gun safety legislation and the big bad Republicans killed it!" It allows them to finger point and solicit campaign contributions.

The point was never "gun safety" in any objective sense of the word.

Mike

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    These bills get introduced every year. Politicians bought out by Michael Bloomberg have, and will, and will continue to introduce legislation that has not an ice cube's chance in hell of passing.

Most of this is done for election posturing. "See, we introduced all of this gun safety legislation and the big bad Republicans killed it!" It allows them to finger point and solicit campaign contributions.

The point was never "gun safety" in any objective sense of the word.

Mike
    "Assult weapon" bans and magazine limit laws get brought up every year by politicians posturing also so we don't have to worry about that either . Oh wait , what about '94 ? It happened and not only can but will happen again . Next time it will not be for just 10 years.

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    I got one recently for a airgun, a CO2 pistol. I think they calle them moderators for these guns. No tax, no paperwork. It does "moderate" or reduce the sound quite a bit but not entirely. My pellets are all subsonic, so no crack involved. I understand these moderators are more effective on other types of air guns, such as the precharged pneumatics, & pump up's but do not know why.

pptpe45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Werent the cops called because....

Weren't the cops called because someone reported hearing gun shots? Do these idiots ever check out any subject before the propose legislation? Silly me! They didn't come up with this. The were ordered to submit the legislation by their masters in the DNC.

Well, here it comes!!

New Jersey Democrats Sen. Bob Menendez and Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman on Thursday introduced legislation to ban gun silencers.

The 2021 Help Empower Americans to Respond (HEAR) Act, which Menendez first introduced in 2019 after the Virginia Beach mass shooting that killed 12 people, bans the sale, manufacturing, importation, transfer and possession of gun silencers.

He described the bill as "commonsense legislation that will prevent armed assailants from using these deadly devices to make it easier to shoot and kill another person."

The HEAR Act would also authorize a silencer buyback program, give Americans a 90-day grace period after the legislation is enacted to comply.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-legislation-ban-gun-silencers

Top Bottom