Legislative Blog Updates Here is One

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Senate Bill 81 by Senator Danny Martiny cleared the full Senate today on a vote of 34-0.* This bill would remove the 1,000′ firearm free zone prohibition for CCH permit holders only.* The general public will still have to abide by the 1,000′ zone.**Should the bill pass the House as currently configured CCH permit holders however will still have to remain off of school property.

Things are stranger than usual at the legislature this week as more focus is being put on the oil spill.** Do not take this unanimous vote for granted, the colleges remain concerned that this bill is a stepping stone to guns on campus and with its passage from the Senate it becomes even more of a threat to that perspective.* We may anticipate hardened resistence to the bill going forward.

1911heat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2007
    We may anticipate hardened resistence to the bill going forward.

True, and the antidote for that is WORKING HARDER, by making more phone calls, writing more emails, and recruiting your friends and families to do the same and let the legislators know how much we support these bills. THEY'VE GOT TO HEAR FROM US, MORE THAN THEY HEAR FROM THE OPPOSITION. MAKE SOME NOISE !!!!

Let's not rest on our laurels, let's do our part to keep Louisiana a gun-friendly state.

BTW, thanks for the update.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Since HB 556 is an identical bill and has been passed by committee and is scheduled for the floor this week, is it possible to substitute SB 81 for it on the floor and move final passage?

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    This 1000' deal affected me, at my girlfriends house there's a school across the street, another one block behind and another one block to the side.

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    This 1000' deal affected me, at my girlfriends house there's a school across the street, another one block behind and another one block to the side.

don't see how it affects you.....private property is exempt from the 1000' rule. (houses, businesses not otherwised banned, etc.) so unless you park on the street and get out of your truck on the street, no reason you are affected....

1911heat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2007
    Of course the bad affect comes when you:

Walk over to a neighbors
    Walk the dog, ride a bike, jog the block, walk to the store
    Walk to a car parked on the street
    Have car trouble, wreck, flat tire in any public part of the 1000' zone.
    Get the mail out of a curbside box

The outcome falls in the felony category.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    don't see how it affects you.....private property is exempt from the 1000' rule. (houses, businesses not otherwised banned, etc.) so unless you park on the street and get out of your truck on the street, no reason you are affected....

Getting out of my truck outside her gate to open it. parking on the outside of the fence. And cutting the grass in the ditches beside the street.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    SB81 amended some language in La. R.S. 40:1379.3 C(10). It doesn't have anything to do with the school zone but it does make the bills non identical. The amendment does not present any problem and I would be fine with passage of SB81 by the house without further change.

King of D Open
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Vieux Carre
    Dan,

I sent non-boilerplate, personal emails to my Senator and Representative. Does it pay to copy other Representatives at this point?

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Dan,

I sent non-boilerplate, personal emails to my Senator and Representative. Does it pay to copy other Representatives at this point?

Although your rep and senator are the most important, I don't see any harm in letting others out there know that there is a lot of support for this measure.

1911heat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2007
    Although your rep and senator are the most important, I don't see any harm in letting others out there know that there is a lot of support for this measure.

I agree, I think all the reps and senators should get written support. If any of those legislators have aspirations one day for higher statewide public office, they want you to vote for them. To some level I'm sure your emails have an affect on them nevertheless.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Here I thought they were tabling all of these bills. When is this going to be heard by the House and when will HB556 be heard as well? I try to keep up with these things but this one snuck by me. I did write my senators and congressmen on both already though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom