Legislative Blog Updates Here is One

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    HB60 -- Proposed law provides that a nonresident concealed handgun permit valid on Aug. 15, 2010, shall be deemed valid until Aug. 15, 2011. On or after Aug. 15, 2011, any nonresident concealed handgun permit which was valid on Aug. 15, 2010, shall be deemed null, void, and of no effect in the state of La.

Passed. There were questions and opposition to this.

1911heat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2007
    I'm watching now, it looks like they've moved away from gun bills. Has 556 been done or is it still upcoming?

I watched the church bill discussion and was surprised to see they didn't exactly have a good answer for carrying in a church on a school campus. Plus there seemed lacking a good answer on the "definition" of a church. It's been returned to the calendar and give them time to define it a bit more.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    I'm watching now, it looks like they've moved away from gun bills. Has 556 been done or is it still upcoming?

I watched the church bill discussion and was surprised to see they didn't exactly have a good answer for carrying in a church on a school campus. Plus there seemed lacking a good answer on the "definition" of a church. It's been returned to the calendar and give them time to define it a bit more.

556 is on right now.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    What kind of questions and opposition?

Rep. Wooton almost caused a problem by stating it applied to felons. He corrected himself after prompting to say that the Legislators were making felons out of honest people under current law.

Most questions were about people carrying on campus - e.g. if someone lives on campus does this affect them.

Top Bottom