Legislative Blog Updates Here is One

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    We are not even half way to the finish line. Each bill will now go to the correct committee in the other house. SB81 will go to Wooton's house committee and HB556 to Martiny's Senate committee. They have to pass through committee without amendment and then pass whichever chamber they are in without amendment. Then they go to the governor's desk. If they are amended in any way, both chambers will get an additional opportunity to vote on the final version. Then off to the governor's desk.

Our worst mistake would be to become complacent thinking that we are winning. The Board of Regents objects to this bill. They carry significant weight. I don't know what they are up to, but you can bet it is something. It's kind of like those old indian fighters in western movies. They were most nervous when they didn't see indians because they knew they were up to something. I am that kind of nervous and will be until one of these bills gets through final passage without further amendment.

Dan

Will we get updates on when to write/call again?

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Ok I emailed the reporter and asked where she got the government office building deal and she just sent me the reply below.

gun free zones include government office buildings.

So what should I send her back?

Invite her to dinner and see if you can straighten her out. ;)

She's likely lumping ALL firearm free zones together into one and thinking that this bill addresses all of them - federal and state.

Either that or someone tipped her to a bill-killing amendment that the Education folks plan to introduce - nothing like scaring the Legislature into thinking that a bunch of gun-totin' whackos are coming into the building.

1911heat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2007
    Believe me I know that, we have threads going on here now about The Advocate and their Glock 40 revolver.

I just didn't know what they were talking about when they said Government Building.

I think it's outstanding that you contacted her.......THEY NEED FEEDBACK AND THEY NEED TO BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR INACCURACIES.

I've contacted my share of reporters about bad information. Of course the giant problem is that they controld the ink and misinformed mucho people, but mucho people don't know they were misinformed and it's unlikely she'll write a corrected version.

I find the theory of the gov't building amendment plausible and someone (anti) may have planted that idea in her head for a reason. UGH

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    OK after she got the above email she sent the reply below. I guess it they think they hear it they print it.

You are right the Wooten bill addresses schools and school buses. Someone mentioned government buildings and I must have picked that up too. Thanks for letting me know.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    OK after she got the above email she sent the reply below. I guess it they think they hear it they print it.

You are right the Wooten bill addresses schools and school buses. Someone mentioned government buildings and I must have picked that up too. Thanks for letting me know.

Really, she is wrong again. It addresses the firearm free zones surrounding schools. The mention of schools and buses are to make it clear that this will not allow you to carry in either.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom