Legislature this year.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nathan Hale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Louisiana
    CAVEAT: Be prepared, and do NOT be surprised, if these bills are pulled in response to a large turnout, and then re-introduced the following week. This happens. This fight could last the entire session.

pangris1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    BR metro area
    Anything can happen in committee, i.e. bills being rescheduled in real time, although I bet they get through most gun items in a day.

Civilized, well groomed turn out is key. 30 People, 50 people taking the time to show up one morning can have an impact on 5-6 million people.

There is a one vote margin in that committee. If something gets out and into the house or senate and into negotiations - I'd rather not find out how pro or anti gun the Govenor is.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I agree that well-groomed, well-dressed people speaking politely to legislators is the most effective thing. Letter writing is good, but be concise and to the point, and resist the urge to *educate* legislators. What they need to know is that opposing gun owners will cost them votes, money and influence.

Mike

Nathan Hale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Louisiana
    I agree that well-groomed, well-dressed people speaking politely to legislators is the most effective thing. Letter writing is good, but be concise and to the point, and resist the urge to *educate* legislators. What they need to know is that opposing gun owners will cost them votes, money and influence.

Mike

+1!

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    A few are up today. They have a big handful of crap and they are throwing it at the wall to see what will stick.

CAVEAT: Be prepared, and do NOT be surprised, if these bills are pulled in response to a large turnout, and then re-introduced the following week. This happens. This fight could last the entire session.

I could use a few days off from work.

Last edited:

CAJUNLAWYER

crusty old bastard
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Iberia Parish
    Y'all forget we have a STRONG constitutional amendment that specifically states that any law that would infringe in any way gun rights must pass a strict scrutiny test-in other words can a less restrictive law suffice for the purpose of the legislation.. First off, even if these get out of committee, passage in the house is doubtful given the make up.
    Assuming that anything does pass and is signed into law by the governor, I doubt seriously that any if this obvious knee jerk reaction legislation would pass a strict scrutiny test given the make up of our current Supreme Court.

Y'all should be more concerned about Senate bill 236 introduced by Morrell which was reported favorably out of committee and is now heading for the Senate Floor. One wonders exactly prompted the introduction of this particular piece legislation particularly in light of the move to stream line the criminal statutes and the fact that 14:89 already covered the subject adequately. But who am I to question the motives of the Senator????

Top Bottom