leo purchase class 3

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shroom14

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    prairieville ,la
    i figured this might be the place to ask this question looking at buying a sbr as a patrol rifle i found this info on another website what paperwork would i need to make this legal if i left the dept.

For $1500.00 you can purchase an HK416 through your department. (The department keeps the full auto lower.) If your chief will let you. you will essentially be buying the department a full auto lower for $1500.00, but considering the lowest I have seen 416 uppers on Gunbroker and other sights is about $3700.00. (Starting bid!)

but the upper would be yours. If you have a functioning lower, you will need to get it tax stamped for SBR.
    With the HK416, the lower is nothing remarkable other than it's full auto. It's the piston operated upper that you really want. all i need is a tax stamp if i want to keep the upper right?

Shikkapow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2010
    Lake Charles
    that might be all sorts of wrong. or it may be perfectly legal. My only thing is how does the Dept aquire the lower? YOU can't purchase it. do you give the dept the $1500 and they purchase the firearm?
    are there parts in the upper that are only used in a select fire rifle? IIRC if you own an ar-15 and all the spare parts for an M-16, you are in possession of a MG (even w/o the Select fire lower).
    the atf is a bit weird in the interpretation of MG laws, and they change their mind on a whim.

if the upper is an upper is an upper, and just happens to be a bit short, I dont see why it would be a problem other than your dept will have a useless lower that they have to keep track of, and you have to get a stamp.

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    departments do not have to use an ffl for transfers from my understanding. you pay for it, it gets sent to the dept. and they issue it to you.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    hunter1994
    Top Bottom