LEO's, what is your preferred method of a stop?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    One of the LEO's can clear this up but I think the CHP only shows up on the DL not the Plate.

I was pulled over in Texas, he ran my plate. He knew my name. Then he ran my DL, he then immediately asked if I had my CCW.

So, I think you're right; its on the DL number, not the car's tags.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    One of the LEO's can clear this up but I think the CHP only shows up on the DL not the Plate.

I was told at one of my refreshers that it's tied to the d/l and one of the others in the class said the same.

I had a friend who was a Vermont State Trooper run my d/l to see if it was tagged and it wasn't. This was 5y or so ago. YMMV.
    :ninja:

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Louisiana does have "I'M DEAF" plates, but the problem is, it let's everyone else on the road know the driver is deaf and sometimes, its really not fun..... or funny.

Hadn't thought of that.

Nobody bugs me because of my veterans plate, tho.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I apologize, wasnt paying attention, meant to say DL

I was just thinking ahead of time while I was typing trying to figure out a way for it to work if he "borrowed" somebody elses vehicle.

Thats why I mentioned the "sign" idea but then if it has tinted windows it wont work still

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    I can believe that and it's more than just sad.

I'm just glad that I have understanding friends, especially here on BS, who understand and are compassionate about my sometimes difficult life.

Sorry for the hijack... back on topic.

Wish more LEO's would chime in and let us know.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Once again bersa, the hands out the window is just something that throws a red flag. I like to keep people in the car most of the time to keep them confined. At night I like to shine the spotlight in the car so they can not see behind them and approach from the passenger side. I have caught many people staring in the mirror expecting me to approach from the drivers side and you can see if they are hiding something or reaching for a weapon. The main thing is don't be an ass and argue on the side of the road, presenting your case is for court and a poor attitude will never get you off with a warning. I have let many people go for a warning just for admitting they broke the law and being apologetic. My job is to change driving habits, not to make the city rich.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Once again bersa, the hands out the window is just something that throws a red flag. I like to keep people in the car most of the time to keep them confined. At night I like to shine the spotlight in the car so they can not see behind them and approach from the passenger side. I have caught many people staring in the mirror expecting me to approach from the drivers side and you can see if they are hiding something or reaching for a weapon. The main thing is don't be an ass and argue on the side of the road, presenting your case is for court and a poor attitude will never get you off with a warning. I have let many people go for a warning just for admitting they broke the law and being apologetic. My job is to change driving habits, not to make the city rich.

This is a good post. I like this one. Where do you work? I wanna go there and personally thank you for serving our community.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I'm just glad that I have understanding friends, especially here on BS, who understand and are compassionate about my sometimes difficult life.

Sorry for the hijack... back on topic.

Wish more LEO's would chime in and let us know.

Well I know people that have some type of "handicap" that was do to something they did, like driving drunk and crashing or doing drugs. I don't know anyone the did anything to become deaf. I used to play ball against LSD when I was in school and had great respect to the other team.
    Some people want to treat deaf people like they are retarted, damn they just can't hear. The ones that think like that are the retarted ones.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Well I know people that have some type of "handicap" that was do to something they did, like driving drunk and crashing or doing drugs. I don't know anyone the did anything to become deaf. I used to play ball against LSD when I was in school and had great respect to the other team.
    Some people want to treat deaf people like they are retarted, damn they just can't hear. The ones that think like that are the retarted ones.

I used to look forward to having the LSD kids at the state track and field meets. As an official, I often intimidated them even tho I tried not to, but, when they saw we were there to help, they really warmed up. Their coach was a good friend. Like the kids from the other schools, a good bunch mostly.

diat150

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    opelousas
    I grab my papers and meet the officer at the back of my vehicle. have never had any issue or have been asked to get back in the vehicle.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Bersa, I've said it before, and I'll say it again, you have one of the best attitudes about your handicap I've ever seen.

One of the funniest things is when someone hears that a guy is deaf, and he just starts talking louder thinking he will be heard.

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    I know n all programs we use if we type a license plate in, it automatically runs all the DL information
    Of the registered owner...
    On a side note,funny story with a deaf person. I was working a traffic check point roadside and flagging cars over. I approached a young girl and asked for her paperwork. She yelled "WHAT????!!!!!" at the top of her lungs. I thought she was catching an attitude and yelled back at her, snatched her paperwork, and proceeded to the rear of her car to write her a citation. Then I saw the "Hearing Impaired" plate. I felt so bad I let her go.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom