Les Miles...MORON or THE MAN???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Just wanting everyone's opinion on Les. I for one think he's a moron. I also think without question his antics and dumb decisions "blew" the game.

I'm welcoming any and everyone's opinion...This should be good. :chuckles:

sheashae

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Vp
    I think hes a moron... If he would have played a more traditional game, they would have won the game.

wfarrell1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Here we go again :dogkeke:
    ngrwafsy2zwlm77j1vod.gif

I wouldnt say he is a moron, BUT his clock/play mangement leaves MUCH to be desired

Last edited:

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    He did make a few bad calls....the fake FG and the decision to run the ball on 4th and 1 out of the wildcat come to mind...

However, it's the two-minute defense that Chavis called that lost the game...Left no one to account for McCarron when he ran one in and left no one in a position to defend the screen on the game-winning TD by Bama by bringing the house...

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Besides the missed long field goal, he made all of his risky calls in the first half of the game, when LSU was behind. I don't think he expected our offense to come back clicking like they did the second half (why should he?) so he took those risks feeling he would have to win the game in a unconventional fashion. I don't hold it against him.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    It was the prevent defense that gave Cry Baby all day to make the passes he needed in the last drive that lost the game. Mett went into that game a boy and came out a man. I tell my wife all the time, when he throws over the middle or anywhere between the numbers he looks like an NFL quarterback. His issue came on long and short throws to the sidelines, and we didn't see much of that, but when we did he was on the money. If Mett plays like he did the second half of the Bama game next year LSU will Roll Everyone, Bama Included. Now Go Georgia, the last thing I want to see is Alabama in the NC. I would rather a sham SEC less National championship game than Bama win another.

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    It was the prevent defense that gave Cry Baby all day to make the passes he needed in the last drive that lost the game. Mett went into that game a boy and came out a man. I tell my wife all the time, when he throws over the middle or anywhere between the numbers he looks like an NFL quarterback. His issue came on long and short throws to the sidelines, and we didn't see much of that, but when we did he was on the money. If Mett plays like he did the second half of the Bama game next year LSU will Roll Everyone, Bama Included. Now Go Georgia, the last thing I want to see is Alabama in the NC. I would rather a sham SEC less National championship game than Bama win another.

Well said, my friend!!!

I think it's funny that successful risky playcalls from years past made him a genius and earned him the nickname "The Hat." But when they don't work, he's a moron. You gotta take the risk if you want the reward!

Somebody above said he should've played a more traditional game... isn't that what he was chided for doing in the NC Game???

GEAUX TIGERS!!! I was proud of their performance the other night!!! What an emotional rollercoaster that game was, just wow!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well, I'm guessing this mostly has to do with the play calling, this past week. Les Miles did what any good HC should do- he accepted the blame for this loss, as he should have.

We can all agree that knowing how things turned out, things should have been done differently. I would also submit that HAD they worked out, Les would have been hailed as swashbuckling, successful riverboat gambler as he was following Florida in 2007. But $hit happens, guys.

However, looking at the bigger picture- I think the game this past weekend was proof that Alabama's program has NOT left us in the dust, as some would suggest. Those two programs are STILL very, very close. Through all the bitterness & things we can point to for the loss- we should also at least consider just how well our guys played- AND WERE PREPARED- for this game against what is no-doubt the best team in college FB. Miles MUST be given his due credit for THAT, as well. It simply isn't fair to think otherwise.

Mettenberger was the laughing stock of SEC QBs heading into this game. He sure didn't look like that to me. And he did it against a defense that led the country in EVERY MAJOR CATEGORY. Jeremy Hill rushed for over 100 yards. Not many saw this offense coming.

In short- all is not lost, guys. LSU will be back. Miles will never make everyone happy, all the time at LSU. Guess what? NOBODY WILL. EVER!

I happen to remember this guy named Saban who coached us back in 2002. He lost to Alabama 31-0 in Tiger Stadium on Saturday Night. If you think everything was cool in Tiger Stadium that night....God, you are wrong. :dogkeke: I personally heard people- MANY PEOPLE- calling for his head because he failed to have a suitable backup ready at QB that year after Mauck was lost in the Florida game, and that he was responsible for Mauck's injury (which he actually was) for leaving him in the game during garbage time. Sound familiar?? :rofl:

The sky ain't falling. LSU is still an elite program- and will continue to be.

My opinion.

cjscore

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Prairieville, LA
    He had his players prepared for the game. He made some calls that did not pan out. The only thing that really bothered me is he did not go for the throat with under 2 minutes left in the game. 1st and 10 on your opponents side of the field and they run at a loaded box 3 straight times. With Mett having the hot hand I would have liked to see a play action shot at the endzone on first down. Put the game away.

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    If you think Les is a doh-doh you should have been around the years after Paul Ditzel was LSU football coache . I liked Charley McClendon but as a coach he made worse decisions than Les ever has, those who think negative about everything must be negative in general . So who do you want to replace Les ?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    He had his players prepared for the game. He made some calls that did not pan out. The only thing that really bothered me is he did not go for the throat with under 2 minutes left in the game. 1st and 10 on your opponents side of the field and they run at a loaded box 3 straight times. With Mett having the hot hand I would have liked to see a play action shot at the endzone on first down. Put the game away.

I wish we hadn't put Ware in the game behind center on that 4th down play. Other than the fake field goal, I think that was the easiest play of the night for Bama to sniff out. :curse:

I really believe if he'd left Mett in on that play & handed off, one of our backs (most likely Ware) would have probably had enough momentem to gain that 3/4 yard we needed for the first down....Another set of downs would have likely done Bama in. But it didn't happen....:dunno:

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    However, looking at the bigger picture- I think the game this past weekend was proof that Alabama's program has NOT left us in the dust, as some would suggest. Those two programs are STILL very, very close. Through all the bitterness & things we can point to for the loss- we should also at least consider just how well our guys played- AND WERE PREPARED- for this game against what is no-doubt the best team in college FB. Miles MUST be given his due credit for THAT, as well. It simply isn't fair to think otherwise.

Mettenberger was the laughing stock of SEC QBs heading into this game. He sure didn't look like that to me. And he did it against a defense that led the country in EVERY MAJOR CATEGORY. Jeremy Hill rushed for over 100 yards. Not many saw this offense coming.

+1000

I happen to remember this guy named Saban who coached us back in 2002. He lost to Alabama 31-0 in Tiger Stadium on Saturday Night. If you think everything was cool in Tiger Stadium that night....God, you are wrong. :dogkeke:

I was at that game!!! lolz, fair-weather fans!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

I wish we hadn't put Ware in the game behind center on that 4th down play. Other than the fake field goal, I think that was the easiest play of the night for Bama to sniff out. :curse:

I really believe if he'd left Mett in on that play & handed off, one of our backs (most likely Ware) would have probably had enough momentem to gain that 3/4 yard we needed for the first down....Another set of downs would have likely done Bama in. But it didn't happen....:dunno:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I'm not a LSU fan. Each week, it's hard for me to decide if I even want them to win a game or not, but:

LSU has never had a coach that has done better than Les Miles.
    LSU has never had a coach that consistently wins more games than Miles.
    Les Miles has the best overall percentage of wins since 1908 (and those coaches didn't coach near as many games).
    Les Miles has coached LSU to 82 wins out of 102 games.

LSU has never had it so good.

Les Miles is a moron? Pot meet kettle.

pepe lepew

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    this same moron, got his team prepared that dominated bama. Just because he can't speak in a microphone doesn't make him dumb. Do yourself and me a favor, and look up some LSU practices on youtube, he's a drill sargent out there, and doesn't mix words either. And since 2005, no one in the SEC has won more games, no one .....

oh, and Saban also lost to UAB ....

Last edited:
    Top Bottom