Lets Talk AK-47s

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    somethong I have always wanted was a Tabuk Sniper rifle. I was gathering parts years ago. Had the correct barrel, receiver and cheek piece but sold all but the cheek piece. I know the company Two Rivers makes them now but I'm sure they are pricey.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    somethong I have always wanted was a Tabuk Sniper rifle. I was gathering parts years ago. Had the correct barrel, receiver and cheek piece but sold all but the cheek piece. I know the company Two Rivers makes them now but I'm sure they are pricey.

No matter how you aquire one of those, it will be expensive. Just remember the election is less than 60 days away, remember 08?

NOLAGT

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2016
    Lafayette
    I just got my first AKs and I decided on 2 wasr10s and a c39v2 despite the hate. So far I love them both! I changed out the c39v2 wood for FDE magpul stuff then had that dyed

6B39031B-4D7F-4DD8-BBE3-82D2CA447921_zps6giicj9q.jpg

DCA88E1F-1B6E-444B-AE8F-29E2E8A07474_zpsmh933byb.jpg

Last edited:

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Anybody got a stripped receiver, I still have an Egyptian build laying around. LOL got everything but a receiver, every time I went to order one they were on back order.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Excuse my ak ignorance, can someone shed some ak pros and cons compare to ar15 info to me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And here we go!
    While there are design differences that some say makes one superior to the other, it really just boils down to preference.
    Aks tend to be more reliable with less maintenance and probably have a longevity edge.
    Ars have a much wider array of aftermarket parts and are lighter with less recoil (than 7.62, a tad more than 5.45).
    The 7.62 up to 200 yrds is more devastating through obstacles such as brush and walls, the 5.56 has longer effective range.
    5.56 will in most cases be more accurate than the 7.62, certainly past 100 yrds.

Once you compare the 5.56 to 5.45 these differences start to disappear with the edge going to 5.45 from what I've read.

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody got a stripped receiver, I still have an Egyptian build laying around. LOL got everything but a receiver, every time I went to order one they were on back order.

Dibs on build!

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    Here are my two Chinese MAKs as they sat before the tragic boating accident:

This is the stamped one:

This is the milled one:

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Excuse my ak ignorance, can someone shed some ak pros and cons compare to ar15 info to me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well first of all they are a lot stronger than a AR so you do not need to baby them or keep them as clean as a AR.The bullet is larger in the AK and out weighs the AR bullet a quite a bit.You do not need frog lube or some other 28 dollar bottle of oil handy in the field like the ARs do.Oh and the owners of the AK don't bitch and complain about the need for expensive add on parts for their guns like the AR guys do.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Even after handling and firing many ARs, they just dont anything for me. For those that like them, hey, if they work for you, thats all that matters. Just give me an AK or SKS instead and I am very satisfied with those! :)

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Ended up getting a good deal on a Yugo one at the gun show yesterday. May still pick up another with solid rear stock also.

Got the gun, pmag, metal mag, drum and ak bipod.

Only thing I'd change about this gun is I wish it had a bayonet lug.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      246.3 KB · Views: 63

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    Bayo lugs are nice, but not needed.

Just remember when buying parts that most need to be Yugo specific in order to fit. Some parts are still standard though.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom