Letter from AT&T today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Says that as of April they are going to start requiring the use of area code with local calls.
    And be done makeing them all will be done by October.
    So even calling the home next to us will require area code be used.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    If Lily from AT&T says to use the area code then we use the area code!

cropped803379669102982342.jpg

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Was a loyal AT&T customer for 35+ years but since the flood of 2016 they now can go pound sand for all I care or would you like to know how I really feel about them. With the way the we were personally treated after the flood in several of their business practices since then I would not accept any of their services or products even if they were free of charge. Even if come across a kiosk/table in the mall or in wal-mart or any other location when they approach me about what product they are pushing I tell them ABSOLUTELY NO WAY and keep walking........................... drill sgt.

Last edited:

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Was a loyal AT&T customer for 35+ years but since the flood of 2016 they now can go pound sand for all I care or would you like to know how I really feel about them. ................................... drill sgt.

I was at the GOHSEP meeting when that little tidbit about AT&T taking out vital emergency communications infrastructure came in. I can assure you that you're not the only person that wants them to go pound sand. :mamoru:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Says that as of April they are going to start requiring the use of area code with local calls.

What is the technical reason for requiring the area code on local calls?

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    What is the technical reason for requiring the area code on local calls?
    has to do with the way switching network uses npa and nnx for routing.
    its coupled with in some areas we could assume npa and auto populate it for you, but now with some other things needed, it may misroute a call without it.. We can no longer assume ..lol

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

Why does this matter to you? Just curious. I see it as a "so what?" type thing

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    It only in a couple of area codes that use the 933 prefix. example 504-933-XXXX. 933 will become a national suicide hot line like 911. 504 is one, the other is southwest Louisiana. If you don't live in one of those nothing changes.

Last edited:

SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Letter from AT&T today

Why does this matter to you? Just curious. I see it as a "so what?" type thing

It could be a generational thing. Older people tend to use real phones (not mobile) when they are available.

The phone company keeps moving the ball. For my parents (in their 90’s) and others that’s confusing.

There are still people who dial numbers from memory and have to press all the numbers to make a phone call. They aren’t making a call from a smartphone contact list.

In my own lifetime it’s gone from 5 numbers to 7 numbers to what I gather will be 10 (or 11). Will we eventually have to dial “001” (USA country code)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    There are still people who dial numbers from memory and have to press all the numbers to make a phone call. The aren’t making a call from a smartphone contact list.
    Older or younger person, everyone should memorize a few phone numbers in case you're ever arrested. In jail you will not be given access to your smartphone. The best way to memorize those numbers is to dial them by hand each time, even though the phone could do it faster. 10 digits makes that even harder.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Alfred92
    Top Bottom