Letter from la. Depart. Of public safety / Metairie area

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JADSCOOP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    THIS MY FIRST CLASS III PURCHASE
    I filed out the Application To Register Firearm / Louisiana Revised Statues, Title 40, Section 1783. I recievied a letter from the State of Louisiana Department of Safety and Corrections Public Safety Services. It reads that the firearm on the enclosed form has not been transferred to you.
    I bought the suppressor from a local dealer on the westbank. I have the stamp from the ATF, and the suppressor at my home. What can I do at this point or is it up to the class III dealer to do everthing for me? Is this normal procedure or not?
    Any info on what to do would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I don't remember sending a copy of my F4 to the state when I sent in my registrations on either of my SBSs...

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    You are supposed to have the state paperwork finished before the ATF will approve your form 4. Looks like someone at the ATF messed up. I would call the LA state police and ask what you need to fill out. I wouldn't say anything about receiving the stamp yet. The girl over there has always been helpful whenever I have had questions. Her name is Shana Johnson. Phone number is 225-925-4867.

JADSCOOP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    Thank You for all the help. My class III dealer called me in to sign an Application To Register Fiream Louisiana Revesed Statutes, Title 40, Section 1783.I hope this works! That is the same form I filled out that was rejected and started all this. Ms. Johnson was a great help. Are these kind of problems normal? I want to purchase a few more class III weapons and would like to avoid these kind of problems. Could you suggest a class III weapons dealer in Metairie area.
    Once again thank you for all the help.

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    What Lafsnguy said. Atf should not have approved the form 4 without the state form first. My suppressor got delayed two weeks from another state because the out of state dealer did not send in the state form with the form 3. But it's now sitting where I can visit it until the form 4 gets approved.;)

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    There are TWO forms. The form to transfer (commonly called the permit) and the form to register. The form to transfer is included with your Form 4 application the the ATF. The form to register comes after you take possession. I can post pics of the two forms in a few minutes.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Pictures of the two forms needed. As you can see, the app to transfer was approved in July. The app to register wasn't approved until December.

5913704283_4447c2d0f9_b.jpg

5913702873_4e69662706_b.jpg

Top Bottom