Letter from Obama

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CPL_Primeaux

AK-holic
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Lafayette ,Slidell,Abbeville
    I am signed up on the Obama web site. This is the kind of **** they have been sending out. Michelle Obama send garbage like this out as well. I think I joined it because of that rumor watch thing he had going a while back.

"Friend --

I will be the first president in modern history to be outspent in his re-election campaign, if things continue as they have so far.

I'm not just talking about the super PACs and anonymous outside groups -- I'm talking about the Romney campaign itself. Those outside groups just add even more to the underlying problem.

The Romney campaign raises more than we do, and the math isn't hard to understand: Through the primaries, we raised almost three-quarters of our money from donors giving less than $1,000, while Mitt Romney's campaign raised more than three-quarters of its money from individuals giving $1,000 or more.

And, again, that's not including the massive outside spending by super PACs and front groups funneling up to an additional billion dollars into ads trashing me, you, and everything we believe in.

We can be outspent and still win -- but we can't be outspent 10 to 1 and still win.

More than 2.2 million Americans have already chipped in for us, and I'm so grateful for it. As we face this week's fundraising deadline, can you make a donation of $3 or more today?

Every donation you make today automatically enters you to join Michelle and me for one of the last grassroots dinners of this campaign -- today is your last chance to get your name in.

These dinners represent how we do things differently. My opponent spent this past weekend at a secretive retreat for the biggest donors to both his campaign and the super PACs that support him.

I've got other responsibilities I'm attending to.

Donate today to stand for our kind of politics:

https://donate.barackobama.com/June-Deadline

Thank you,

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I don't see what the big deal is. I'm sure Romney sends out similar stuff.

Most will say this is a good thing as it's a sign that Obama is losing.

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    "that's not including the massive outside spending by super PACs and front groups funneling up to an additional billion dollars"

so tell everyone how much of this type of support goes to you!

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I don't like Obama, but see nothing wrong with this. Every politician wants money, it seems. Why should he be the one crucified for it?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Putting Barack's campaign donation in the mail as we speak. Glad to help out.

monopoly-money.jpg

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I might be slow, but I don't understand this post at all.

He's dragging out the old "they all do that" line. While true, it's often just a technique used to be dismissive by people who don't want to critically examine the particular point at hand. Not that this thread has any earth shattering points. The most memorable usage I can remember was when Bill Clinton perjured himself about Monica Lewinsky.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    He's dragging out the old "they all do that" line. While true, it's often just a technique used to be dismissive by people who don't want to critically examine the particular point at hand. Not that this thread has any earth shattering points. The most memorable usage I can remember was when Bill Clinton perjured himself about Monica Lewinsky.

My and likely is point is that we should use the same measuing stick for each candidate. There are plenty of reasons to dislike Obama that actually mean something. Here he is doing what everyone should know he is going to do and every candidate is going to do. I'm more interested in the deltas..... of between him and Romney, there isn't much.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Obama doesn't need as much money as Romney for a lot of reasons . His voting base gets free rides to the polling places courtesy of their Churches along with a sample ballot , dead people vote for him , and the state controlled media provides free advertising by keeping him in the spotlight 24/7 .

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom