Letter to Cederic Richmond

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    To the honorable Cedric Richmond,

I am writing to express my opposition to HB 387 also known as the “assault weapons” bill. The impact of this bill reaches far beyond the so called “assault weapons” and infringes on Louisiana hunters, target shooters, and law abiding citizens who have semiautomatic pistols for personal protection. This bill is a blatant attempt at gun control on Louisiana citizens. This bill will impact me directly as a concealed permit gun carrying citizen by forcing me to register my semiautomatic pistols and semiautomatic hunting weapons.

True assault weapons (fully automatic) are already illegal unless federally registered. I am shocked that a legislator from Louisiana would even propose such a bill. Please take into consideration the negative effect on individuals rights this bill would mandate should it become law. Why don't you go after the real problem? Unwed black mothers having children raised without a father in high crime drug infested areas. Personally I don't visit New Orleans attractions because of the increased risk of crime. This law will have no impact on criminals. Only law abiding tax paying citizens these criminals prey upon. Your time would be better served stiffening penalties and the incarceration times of criminals who do not register weapons or give a damn about HB 387.

Respectfully submitted,

Charles E. Hollier III

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Unwed black mothers having children raised without a father in high crime drug infested areas. Personally I don't visit New Orleans attractions because of the increased risk of crime.

This is a little inflammatory, because it is, this will fall on deaf ears. Your letter will be as effective as the bill Cederic Richmond wrote if it were to pass. You will lose credibility with some who read your letter. IMO, bad move.

Besides the problem has less to do with being black than being poor. New Orleans (and Louisiana for that matter) needs an influx of income and it will not happen until companies build or relocate here. Unfortunately, I think our legislature doesn't see more than next election into the future. LA has got to stop spending on stupid stuff and concentrate on the infrastructure, silly anti-business laws, and quality of life to attract the businesses. When we work towards this, we will see the crime drop.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    It inflamitory but also the truth. It is foolish to think income is the issue or their salvation. I believe it has much more to do with the mind set of people who are born and bread to have everything given to them so that nothing in their world has any value. Unlike mine

Last edited:

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    My letter to C Red

Mr. Richmond,
    You are a pole puffing douche.

Thank you for your time.

Okay so I didn't really send that to him.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    It inflamitory but also the truth. It is foolish to think income is the issue or their salvation. I believe it has much more to do with the mind set of people who are born and bread to have everything given to them so that nothing in their world has any value. Unlike mine

It's foolish that income doesn't have anything to do with it as well. There are some in a sick mindset, but with an increase in income for the entire city/state will eventually put social pressures on those who do bad. When you remove one item from the equation, you make the equation simpler. It's easier (and better for you and me) to attract money than to change culture. Increasing the quality of life (I don't mean welfare at all) will make it easier to change the culture.

You look at cities that have the same problems as New Orleans. What is another common theme? Property values drop, businesses move out, jobs are lost then crime increases. New York changed it's direction and crime went down. Detroit has done the opposite and lost businesses and crime got worse. South Louisiana needs more business.

Let me add one last thing. I do not believe welfare is any good for the answer. I want to see improvements in the infrastructure and laws to attract businesses to relocate here. Doing that will improve the quality of life for all in LA. This is what our legislators should focus on and not silly assed band-aids for a bigger problem.

Last edited:

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    Jobs are available, parenting it not. All the jobs in the world will not help a thing if the mindset that it is the governments responsibility to raise their kids does not change.

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    I am not one to jump and say it's the rap music, but in part, I believe it is. Things might change if they stop glorifying the thug life and a life of taking the easy way out and stealing and killing. I wonder if I would make it as a rapper if I rapped about going to school and getting an education.

"and still I see no changes, wake up in the morning and i ask myself, why is this test so hard I need to relax myself!"

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Jobs are available, parenting it not. All the jobs in the world will not help a thing if the mindset that it is the governments responsibility to raise their kids does not change.

I'm not saying jobs aren't available. More business will increase incomes due to competition, increase the tax base, increase the population (increasing the tax base and moving good people here), increasing property values (increasing pride in neighborhoods) ..... increasing the quality of life.

You aren't going to change the attitude of some poor uneducated people by writing inflammatory letters to their elected official. :rofl:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    This is a little inflammatory, because it is, this will fall on deaf ears. Your letter will be as effective as the bill Cederic Richmond wrote if it were to pass. You will lose credibility with some who read your letter. IMO, bad move.

Besides the problem has less to do with being black than being poor. New Orleans (and Louisiana for that matter) needs an influx of income and it will not happen until companies build or relocate here. Unfortunately, I think our legislature doesn't see more than next election into the future. LA has got to stop spending on stupid stuff and concentrate on the infrastructure, silly anti-business laws, and quality of life to attract the businesses. When we work towards this, we will see the crime drop.

No matter how pc and eloquetly I express my concerns about HB 387 it will fall on deaf ears with Rep Richmond. It was more to express my opinion than to change his mind. I agree with the need for infrastructure in Louisiana. I have attended numerous town hall meetings with my state representative and infrastructure has always come up. Roads and schools were No. 1 and 2.

I disagree with you if companies locate in Louisiana and produce good paying jobs crime rates will go down because the poor will start working. We are talking about Thugs. They are criminals and glorify that lifestyle. It is a cultural phenomenon that perpetuates itself. Some people will sit in line for 5 hours to get a free $10 item instead of working 1 hour at $10 to get it. Until the Thug Life mentality is resolved aggravated crime will continue. As I see it I never had any credibility with Cederic Richmond because I am not of the ilk he represents. What ever.

Last edited:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    No matter how pc and eloquetly I express my concerns about HB 387 it will fall on deaf ears with Rep Richmond. It was more to express my opinion than to change his mind. I agree with the need for infrastructure in Louisiana. I have attended numerous town hall meetings with my state representative and infrastructure has always come up. Roads and schools were No. 1 and 2.

I disagree with you if companies locate in Louisiana and produce good paying jobs crime rates will go down because the poor will start working. We are talking about Thugs. They are criminals and glorify that lifestyle. It is a cultural phenomenon that perpetuates itself. Some people will sit in line for 5 hours to get a free $10 item instead of working 1 hour at $10 to get it. Until the Thug Life mentality is resolved aggravated crime will continue. As I see it I never had any credibility with Cederic Richmond because I am not of the ilk he represents. What ever.

Sure a Thug is a Thug, but someone growing up will have other influences. The biggest factor will be an increase in people (moving here for jobs) who care. That will put pressure on crime. When good people move in, they won't want to put up with it like many do now. Also it'll increase the tax money available without increasing our taxes providing more money for projects designed to remove the bad elements from south LA.

fatboy_ace

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Shreveport
    Unwed black mothers having children raised without a father in high crime drug infested areas.

I think you should have said just unwed mothers..... I think this one statement will take away from your letter as a hole. It takes your letter in a direction I don't think you intended it to. Just my two cents.

wrecker704

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Hammond,La
    Well, look at it this way, thugs don't work. They are having more fun selling drugs and what ever else they do. It don't matter how much business they get in NOLA the thug is not going to work. period!!!!!! [ Unwed black mothers having children raised without a father in high crime drug infested areas] The truth is the truth!!!!!!!

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Here's the deal. My second amendment rights are under attack because of the irresponsible actions of the thug culture. A violent thug culture my tax dollars have fed, put a roof over their heads, and put the clothes on their backs. By restricting my right as a law abiding tax paying citizen to carry a weapon makes me and my loved ones more vunerable for these criminals to prey on. Cederic Richmond represents this group of people and through default is part of that culture. The same people that want to take your guns also want to take your money through taxes to perpetuate more voters. I resent the Hell out of Cederic Richmond and what he represents. He and his ilk are destroying this country and the middleclass way of life. Are unwed white mom's producing this armed robbery murdering culture? All of a sudden it wrong to call something what it is.

Last edited:

CantGetRight

Awe ****, getcha towels
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Property values drop, businesses move out, jobs are lost then crime increases.
    I agree with what you're saying, but it's wrong chronologically...It should read like this:

Crime increases, property values drop, businesses move out, jobs are lost.

I also agree with more of what you stated, but IMO, you can take the cat out the jungle, but you can't take the jungle out the cat. It's a cultural issue, that's been going on for decades.

As for the subject matter, bravo to you Pain, for at least making an effort...more than most do...including me.

fatboy_ace

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Shreveport
    Are unwed white mom's producing this armed robbery murdering culture? All of a sudden it wrong to call something what it is.

I could be wrong but don't think crime in the NOLA area is done by blacks. Now are they majority YES! No it not wrong to call something what it is, but in this setting it almost feels like you are mad at only "black thugs" and "not all thugs".

Top Bottom