Lewis Unglesby can kill everyone in the room with assault weapon with eyes closed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    Lewis Unglesby must be The Good Reverends cohort....Small town chump lawyer, from a small ganksta chump town, just lookin for some representin to make a few mo' blang blang !!! Yall need to split Baton Rouge up again, make the boundaries as follows, from the Miss. River to the Amite River south to I-12 and up to the North to Greenwell Springs Rd to the line at Central, should be considered Da Hood !!! Anything south of I-12 is the safe zone !!! Anything West and North of Plank Rd up to Zachary is Da ZOO !!! Perfect home for Unglesby !!! I agree with Emperor that dude is a Douche !!!

Not4Hire

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Baton Rouge

sph1480

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Destrehan, La
    Using Unglesby's scenario, can't that same person who lost his wife, job and discovered his 15 year old pregnant all within a week go drinking and while intoxicated drive through a school zone and take out a massive number of children crossing the street? That must be impossible. The man he spoke of in his scenario is only capable of using a rifle to kill people. Cars have never been the tool used to kill ridiculous numbers of people each year due to drunk driving. How about we start banning cars. That, along with a wepons ban, will put an end to drive by shootings.

Mayonnaise

Not in the fridge
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    1.) He quotes how much the NRA gave to politicians. How much did trial lawyers give to politicians? More than double that amount last year. http://www.opensecrets.org/industries/indus.php?ind=K01

2.) He is representing the scum bag teenager who murdered a child who was on a bike ride with his mother. Real gem of a lawyer in my opinion. http://theadvocate.com/home/327481-79/evidence-links-teenage-supect-to.html

He's very good at his job, but that's not what makes him a *******.

I find it funny how people here stand on their soap box shouting "shall not be infringed" then turn around and hammer a trail lawyer for being excellent at defending his clients. They seem to forget that whole "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law" thing.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    With all due respect , the whole " clip versus magazine " thing is a pointless distraction .

I absolutely agree. The clip/magazine thing is absolutely stupid.

Really? Then AR's can be called machine guns? Afterall, they can be fully automatic (just like a machine gun), and it doesn't matter if it's technically accurate or not, right? So let's allow the vast majority of people that are clueless in the debate and about guns, just get their facts from the news that doesn't know themselves or worse, doesn't care.

You may think it doesn't matter to you, but you guys are wrong in thinking it doesn't matter when it is used "matter of factly" to people who are eligible to vote against you and your guns!

Mayonnaise

Not in the fridge
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Really? Then AR's can be called machine guns? Afterall, they can be fully automatic (just like a machine gun), and it doesn't matter if it's technically accurate or not, right? So let's allow the vast majority of people that are clueless in the debate and about guns, just get their facts from the news that doesn't know themselves or worse, doesn't care.

You may think it doesn't matter to you, but you guys are wrong in thinking it doesn't matter when it is used "matter of factly" to people who are eligible to vote against you and your guns!

Derpy Derpty Doo

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

Oh come on!

I mean- it's not like they're telling them these rifles are so dangerous you can kill a room-full of people with your eyes closed, or anything.....

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Who decides what a clip or a mag is?

Manufacturers, Ruger and Savage and Marlin, have used them, at times, interchangeably, and last I checked, Ruger and Savage call their .22 box mags "clips" routinely.

At some point you just give up. Like suppressor versus silencer.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Derpy Derpty Doo

Find me one gun manufacturer in the world, one champion or professional pistol or rifle competitor (except Garands), one master gunsmith, one respected gun trainer (not a wannabe on internet), any combat milltary officer/trainer, special forces soldier, trained military combat vet; or any other skilled gun related profession that requires knowledge about firearms, that calls a magazine a clip; and I will show you an uneducated fool!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Who decides what a clip or a mag is?

Manufacturers, Ruger and Savage and Marlin, have used them, at times, interchangeably, and last I checked, Ruger and Savage call their .22 box mags "clips" routinely.

At some point you just give up. Like suppressor versus silencer.

I don't allow Hollywood or the hood to educate me on things like that.

And you would have to prove to me that you saw Ruger, Savage, or Marlin are using that verbiage in materials from their manufacturing engineers. Not an ad from Cabela's.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I know very many combat vets who still say 'clip' about AR mags. /shrug

ETA: Marlin catalog page 20, apparently they've updated to 'clip magazine' from just being a 'clip' : http://www.digitaleditiononline.com/publication/?i=56797

I'm not saying it's right/wrong... I'm saying at some point, language evolves and you move on so you don't look like an *******.

In professional circles, yes, you'll be laughed at for clip/mag and people will assume a lesser competence. In casual circles or in areas not specifically in the firearms community... seriously, get over it. Save yourself the blood pressure and save yourself from coming off as a guy who's a step below a grammar nazi, because I assure you that is how you look to people who don't know the difference.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well, he's right.

We shouldn't passively allow the buffoons to set the standards. ON ANYTHING.

That's how your semi-automatic AR-15 came to be known as an !!!:run: ASSAULT WEAPON:run: !!! by the majority of the populace in the first place.

It's okay to call them out.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I don't allow Hollywood or the hood to educate me on things like that.

And you would have to prove to me that you saw Ruger, Savage, or Marlin are using that verbiage in materials from their manufacturing engineers. Not an ad from Cabela's.

Frantically searching/scouring the net for it, but coming up empty. I know I saw some literature from Ruger calling it a "clip" though. It irked the hell out of me when I saw it. Can't find it now though.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom