Liberty Safe gives passcode to federal authorities

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Federal authorities raided another J6 participant recently, which in and of itself isn't surprising.
    The guy apparently owned a Liberty Safe and they gave the authorities the passcode to enter the safe.
    First of all, his bad for not changing the code to begin with, but,.. really?
    I know who won't get my $ if my poor ass ever buys another safe. They could have just as easily told them this was none of their business, because it's not. Yet, they went out of their way to **** their customer.
    I am genuinely curious though, did they feel compelled to "help", or were they threatened legally? Either way, sure seems like a poor business model for a company that is supposed to help keep your valuables "safe".
    Also, I think this should be a lesson for everyone else that does purchase a safe, DO NOT USE ELECTRONIC PAYMENTS or give them any personal information.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    An override code or the default code?
    Link to article?
    I don't have one, though I'm sure there is an article somewhere.
    The information came from a couple pages I follow on Instagram, Hodge Twins being one of them.
    cbc8de8dde57b57d1ae9ec5757ed0934.jpg

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    thanks, little bit by little bit the feds are eroding our freedoms. jan6 made everyone scared to protest.
    While I don't agree with what happened to a lot of the people that were there, I have to say that the whole thing just seemed very, very odd. They were led into a trap and then left on their own to deal with the following repercussions. Another reason I don't trust Trump.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    While I don't agree with what happened to a lot of the people that were there, I have to say that the whole thing just seemed very, very odd. They were led into a trap and then left on their own to deal with the following repercussions. Another reason I don't trust Trump.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La

Epps is just one piece of the puzzle. I remember watching the whole thing unfold and I was just weirded out because all of it seemed scripted.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I agree. People were there shooting flash bangs into the peaceful crowd and a lot of the events started from people getting mad at the Capitol cops doing that to people for no reason.

Then there is Brian Sicnik*sp* who was waving people into the capitol while he was moving signs and stuff, and blaming his death the next day on J6. A bunch of people died that day, and all of them were "protesters"/"rioters", not police.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Sure is a shame a company named "Liberty" pulled this!
    If they'll do this they may claim I was in DC for J6, but I was injured and on the couch in Louisiana.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Elected democrats and their voters (parrots) claimed Trump incited it but the only video footage I was able to find was Trump saying he wanted no violence.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Do we know if Liberty did this under subpoena? Or was it under a request for assistance from one of the federal LEAs involved?

usbuilt

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I have two Winchester safes. The second safe I got free after the 2016 flood and did not get the combination. I contacted Winchester and was told that there is a second combination from the factory. Even if the owner changes the combination the backup is still available. I did get the combination after submitting a police report stating the safe had not been reported as stolen.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I have two Winchester safes. The second safe I got free after the 2016 flood and did not get the combination. I contacted Winchester and was told that there is a second combination from the factory. Even if the owner changes the combination the backup is still available. I did get the combination after submitting a police report stating the safe had not been reported as stolen.
    Electronic?

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Elected democrats and their voters (parrots) claimed Trump incited it but the only video footage I was able to find was Trump saying he wanted no violence.
    I watched his speech, he called for "peace". That said, it didn't matter if there was peace or not. It was a setup, and as far as I'm concerned, Trump was a player in the game.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Appears they had a warrant to gain access to individuals stuff/ house/ possessions which intel’s the safe… but that doesn’t mean a warrant for the safe company to willfully and freely give up the code… there was no warrant for them… this is sad… they are trying to play the good guys in this situation… sorry I don’t see it that way, the warrant wasn’t addressed to “liberty safe” and should have went through the proper steps if they thought they could get a warrant for it….

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ilpadrino2311
    Top Bottom