Lifeline usa resistance band and handles

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    Anyone have them or use them? I'm trying to gauge their life expectancy. This of course would be rough ballpark figures since their use per week and treatment varies. I'm looking at getting them from academy, sports authority, or amazon's website. I want one to do back and chest exercises- I figure I'd go with the r-10 black 100 lb band since I can vary the weight from 29 lb to 100lb.
    Many thanks for your advice!

Oh, and if there's something different I can use please advise.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Best thing for these bands is to clean them properly and store them indoors(Room Temp.) Not outside in the shed etc. They will dry rot fast unless properly maintained.

There's all sorts of R. bands out there. All depends on what Exercise your doing as to which ones you need. Doing Curls with a Heavy band doesn't mean you'll be able to do Cork-Screw Military press with them. In fact most times NOT.

Best thing about bands is the ability to better keep the tension BOTH directions. Get you a Belt to go with it and you can use another nylon belt in a door way or something to strap it to the door frame. With the belt around your waist you can create tension walking away from the door and while leaning forward do high steps or bunny hops then come back to the door and do them again, and again, and again.......I give you 60 seconds and you'll be on fire.

Here's some other examples;
    http://blog.charleslloydfitness.com/2011/08/16/10minute-trainer-upper-body/

Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    Not planning at the moment to do anything but back exercises. The band looks to be quite versatile according to that link, it's just unfortunate that I can't do most of those moves because of Dr's orders.

You think the bands will give less "feedback" or stress/strain on the spine? I'm now working with 15 pound dumbbells for curls but have used 25 in the past- switched to 15 to reduce flex or stress on the back. Positive side is that I'm doing many more reps so hopefully I'm toning or making more dense the muscle although I'd rather do more weight and fewer reps to try to gain some size slightly.

Top Bottom