linear compensators

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aaron_j

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Meraux,La
    anyone run any of these? Troy Claymore, Kies Blast Master, or the Levang styles, Id like to get a Hera Arms from overseas but not sure if I could have it shipped here since its firearm related. Also found a company in Florida that makes barrel shroud compensators, yeah it looks like a silencer but they claim its a compensator not just a tacti"cool" accessory.

Whats been your experience with these? Im looking to get one to swap my standard A2 birdcage out with, its a 16" barrel if it makes any difference.

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    Brakes and comps work by dumping the gasses quickly, they are very loud. Linear comps just create more paths for expansion forward. They don't help with reducing recoil, but they do help reduce concussion to other shooters. The best option for most users is a flash hider.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I ran a levang for about 1k rounds.. I liked it, It takes all the gases and puts them forward and none down.. I was running it on a 20 inch and did a lot of prone and a lot of fun varmit and plinking.. I do not believe it does anything to change recoil or barrel flip or even really the report but as far as not throw dust and dirt up .. It serves that purpose well..

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I had a levang one, didn't notice much difference on my 10 inch sig 566, but I did see flashes when I shot, I have a vortex style one now and it does the trick for flash. I ended up putting my levang on a 22lr just bc I had it laying around.

Top Bottom