LIVE: NRA Press Conference

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    *crossing fingers*

Please don't "compromise"

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I'm /really/ disappointed in him throwing games and movies under the bus. That's as illogical as blaming guns.

He should have led off with his condemnation of the media misinformation.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Attacked Politicians - Good
    Attacked Media - Good
    Attacked Entertainment - Sounds like censorship
    Called for national data base of mentally ill - Scary, who decides who is mentally ill and to what standard?
    Lost feed after 2nd protester

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    He's doing good, imo. I think he did poorly in blaming entertainment.

He did good to call out politicians and budget allocation.

Most of all, he's talking /real/ solutions, which no one else seems to want to, in media.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    National School Safety Program.

I like the idea.

I'm also glad he flat-out said this is the way rather than implement meaningless legislation that will not work.

These are the kind of ideas we needed to hear, guys.

Last edited:

J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond
    NRA just stepped up big time, funding to what ever level is needed the devlopment of the program. Now lest just wait and see the libs attack I'll bet they will have no other plan other than just ban the guns.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Well, he had me worried when he called for Congress to have a national bill to have a police officer in every school by January...

Then they went on to say every school and school board will need a different solution and it was up to the parents and and local school officials...

I missed most of the School Shield program talk, but caught the end where they were talking about that people would volunteer if they were allowed and called for training, if the NRA funds free training for volunteers that would be awesome, just getting those volunteers allowed on school property with firearms will be the hurdle.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Attacked Politicians - Good
    Attacked Media - Good
    Attacked Entertainment - Sounds like censorship
    Called for national data base of mentally ill - Scary, who decides who is mentally ill and to what standard?
    Lost feed after 2nd protester

Policiticians - Easy targets! They are garbage.
    Media - Won't matter! They are garbage.
    Entertainemtnt - Won't matter! They revel in that they are garbage.
    Data bases - Won't matter! Obama care has ALL of us getting ready to be put in data bases.

The media is not going to report this Press Conference as positive anyway. He may has well performed with a ventriloquist dummy.

I will state right now before the news comes out today or tomorrow that this press conference will not change or tamper down the rhetoric for taking civil liberties or Constitutional Rights away. I am convinced that there are people in the country that believe they can pick and choose which Rights we should give up in the name of some BS cause.

We live amongst idiots!

J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond
    The media and gun grabbers will say the School Shield Program will not work or that it would be to difficult to implement. Well it appears to work in Israel.

In fairness I have not independently verified this, that being said Massad Ayoob is a well respected and reliable source in the firearms community. I post this with great confidence that Massad has done his homework.

From the May/Jun 2003, In time of war - The Israeli answer to terrorism

Israel began the program of armed citizen guards in the schools after the Maalot massacre in the 1970s, when a large number of children were slain in a terrorist incident. The volunteer parents work in plain clothes, armed with concealed semi-automatic pistols, and are trained by Israel's home guard. It is significant that in the more than a quarter century between Maalot and the incident mentioned above when the citizen guards shot down the terrorist in the school in 2002, not a single child was murdered in an Israeli school! The reason is that Israel wisely publicized the fact that the civilian volunteer guards, indistinguishable from the regular teaching and administrative staff, would be in place.

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/ayoob81.html

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom