Livingston Parish Club taking members

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eagle84

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    This is a revision of a post below. The bids we had out were accepted, effectively doubling our land size, including a new 762 acre tract in near Montpelier. A similar ad is running on Bayou Bucks:

Hunting club with land in Holden and Montpelier is now taking members. We currently have 2434 acres on 3 tracts which are roughly equal in size. 1177 acres are mandated as still-hunt only. We will do limited dog drives on other sections if there is enough member interest. Our club is renewing our enrollment in DMAP after a one-year absence and we are applying QDMA philosophy toward our herd management by restricting the harvest of young bucks. This season we will phase in an antler restriction of four points or better, with no spikes under 6".

The Holden property has access to the Tickfaw River and a 2 acre interstate pond filled with bream and goggle-eye. Two properties have campsites with bunkhouses, and pull-in trailers are allowed.

We have club stands in excellent locations, and members are allowed 1 private stand. There are many good areas available, so don't worry about being the "new guy" and having to hunt in leftover spots.

Our deer hunting is good and has the potential to be excellent in some areas. Parts of the Holden properties and the entire Montpelier property offer very good turkey hunting opportunities. Small game hunting is allowed prior to primitive firearms and after all deer seasons have closed. We do have hogs in some areas, but they have yet to establish and become the nuisance they are in some places.

Dues are $500, plus a stand donated to the club or $100 toward the purchase of one. Membership covers spouses and children still in high school or younger. Guests are allowed on weekends other than opening weekend for any phase of deer season. Anyone interested can PM me here or call (985) 215 2160 and ask for Josh.

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    is there a shooting range or land to shoot on? do you allow access during off season for coon hunting and such? what are the rules on shooting does.

rossdout

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    just joined this club. Rode around 2 of the tracts we have leased the other day with Josh. The land looks real nice and josh is a real stand up guy, if your interested give him a call. Also real close to new orleans. 50 minutes from lakeview to the gate.

krayzkajun

Cowboy Up
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Westwego,La
    just joined this club. Rode around 2 of the tracts we have leased the other day with Josh. The land looks real nice and josh is a real stand up guy, if your interested give him a call. Also real close to new orleans. 50 minutes from lakeview to the gate.

sounds appealing!!! hmmmm been looking for a club close to home!

idunno

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    I too might be interested. Property on the Tickfaw kind of appeals to the fisherman side of me. I too would be interested in activities other than deer hunting. Personally, I like to squirrel hunt and have kids who I need to get in the woods with me.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Its a great club and now that they have new leadership, all of the club dues that are leftover after paying for the land leases will remain in the club treasury to be used for club improvements instead of disappearing every year like it was before.

ahebert

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    This sounds really nice....we may have to check it out.

Does anyone know of any ranges that are open to the public? We really would love at least a 200 yard rifle range.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom