Livingston parish deer run subdivision lawsuit

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    This will be interesting…. I was and still am cought up in some of the “legal” issues with a camp I own in Livingston parish that was sold after the great fire in Livingston…. Didn’t realize how big of a deal it was… not sure if this is the same situation but after the courthouse records fire in Livingston a bunch of the local gov agencies and politicians realized they could sell property with no proof of ownership.. well long story short I have a plot and camp on section 16 property which is school board property.. have been tied up in a law suit with them… evidently the property was sold/stole from the school board after the records fire and sold 3 or 4 times before I acquired it… now the school board says it’s there’s and have to leave… naaa not happening lol

Kind seems like what’s might be going on here .. Livingston is one of the shadiest when it comes to land and permits ever since the records/court house fire…. Will be interesting to see the out come

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    A snip from my situation in WBRZ from 2014.. and still going on

The School Board filed suit in January 2012 against 51 purported landowners within a 143-acre portion of the parish’s Section 16 land near French Settlement.
    The School Board disputes that the state ever sold any of the land, although three subdivisions have been built there — Colyell Campsites, Colyell Bay Campsites and Colyell Homesites — and many of the resulting lots are occupied by mobile homes or permanent structures.

Martin said the lawsuit is part of a “long, drawn-out battle” that has been in the making for more than a decade.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Right in around 2006 they came around with a paper to sign that stated it was there property, and if we signed it right then and got it notorized by attorney they had with them they would allow the current owner on the deed/lease to stay as long as want till they pass or move on then it goes back to them… needless to say they didn’t make it to about the 4 th house before they were met with resistance country folks with guns and told to leave… lol cops were called and all.. I remember that day well, we refer to it as “ the siege” lol

Right to speedy trial huh?!?! Been dealing with it for almost 10 years… every time we got a judge assigned and takes about 8 months to go to court, the judge drops out for conflict of interest… and rinse and repeat

Last edited:

Scrape

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2024
    French Settlement
    Best of luck, shady politics embedded deeply in that land deal.

I grew up on 4H Club road when it was gravel from hwy 16 end to almost up to hwy 190.
    My grandfather used to own the property north of Douglas Pires dairy farm. He donated property to LSU that became the old 4H Club with cabins, amphitheater and buildings.

You may be in for a long drawn out ordeal, but as said persistence pays.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    That's insane that they think they have claim to a land and are trying to erase the history of the ones living on it now. It's good the people fought back.

Scrape

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2024
    French Settlement
    I have property off hwy444 that was affected somewhat by the deer run fiasco. There's another subdivision slated ,311 acres I believe it the latest change. Used to be all Wyerhauser pine timberland, 200 ft away from my property.Initially this property was slated for 745ish DBHorton homes on 50ft wide lots. They could not pull water from French Settlement source so they were to drill a community type well but had to be below our rural water table as we are all on private wells.
    They hit salt water below our water table and even more so when they went deeper. Project on hold....

That's when Layton Rick said on the news that they were to lift to moratorium on Deer Run as he was negotiating to have the number of lots in the subdivision by me reduced from over 700 50ft lots to 119 2 acre parcels to help balance the growth.

He never mentioned the builder could not support the water needs and by increasing the lots to 2 acres, those would need their own water wells.

Snake business.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    That’s the last thing 4h club road needs… is 800+ houses which equal 1200-1600
    More cars… isn’t there enough property and houses in downtown br and baker?!?! lol

Scrape

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2024
    French Settlement
    Trying to get to hwy190 or to the interstate from 4H is an absolute tragedy already.
    The subdivision slated near me is gonna dump out on Jack Allen rd (very narrow 2 lane country rd) and another entrance on hwy 444 in one of the worst curves there.. stoopid

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom