LLC Info for SBR/Supp.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronMan2015

All Blacked Out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2013
    Mandeville, LA
    Hey guys, got a few Q's.

I am forming an LLC for the process. For those of you who have done so, how did you, or your lawyer put it together? Have you done Sole Member or Multiple Members? Member Managed or Manager Managed? I am a paralegal, and I help put together LLC's pretty much on a daily basis, and have an attorney willing to do the process, but neither he nor I have ever put one together for the purpose of NFA.

IF there are any of you who are lawyers who have done this and wouldn't mind chiming in (w/o a charge ;) ) I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Why wouldn't you just do a trust? Seems as though you have access to someone who can draft it and you wouldn't have to register the trust with the clerk of court or pay any annual fee.

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    Only problem I see with going the LLC route is the annual fees. Also if you plan to actually do any business in it, you will need an EIN. If you have multiple members in it and you get an EIN the IRS will be looking for a partnership return which is more complicated than simply sticking it on your personal return. You can go to the secretary of state website and pay 80 bucks and get yourself a basic LLC. Also it would help if you explained what exactly you are trying to do. If you are simply getting NFA for yourself no reason to add multiple members.

IronMan2015

All Blacked Out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2013
    Mandeville, LA
    I would be making it multiple in order to be able to leave the rifle with my dad for when I go out of town, or can leave it at his house for any reason needed.

I also would not be doing any business with it at this time, just for NFA Items.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom