Local (BTR) military/veteran focused organizations

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mxracer72

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2014
    Addis, LA
    Hey guys.

I'm starting the Louisiana Veteran's Network hub for Dow Chemical (6 sites) and I need your help. I'm looking for contact info of some military/veteran-focused organizations to partner with in the coming months for volunteer and fundraising opportunities. They must be a 501(c)3 charitable organization, and I'd prefer to help the ones that have little to no paid employees. The reason is I want as much help and money to go to programs to help our brothers and sisters, not staff salary.

I already have the big hitters (VA hospitals, USO, VFWs, American Legions, etc). What about the Mom-and-Pop shops I might be missing on Google?

Thanks in advance,

Joe M.
    USAF / OEF 2009

InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    I know of a fellow marine that lost his battle with PTSD recently. In lieu of flowers, the family requested donations in his name be made to: Southeast Louisiana Veterans Health Care System, Attn: Voluntary Service-PTSD, P.O. Box 61011, New Orleans, LA 70161-1011. They asked to include PTSD on check memo or earmark for Veterans going through PTSD therapy.

Wonder if they would know of some smaller guys doing work with guys that are dealing with the same issue.

YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    W. Feliciana
    I went to my first VFW meeting this week. It sounded like a few veterans there were retired and involved in helping out with other veteran organizations so attending a meeting with some co-workers and talking to them would be something I'd recommend. My buddy heads the veteran program for a large company in Baton Rouge so I will ask him if he has any smaller charities to recommend. Great job on taking charge to help our brothers, sisters, and their families!

mxracer72

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2014
    Addis, LA
    So I guess a little bit of background is in order. At my previous job working for GE Aviation, I started the site-level Veteran's Network when the national GEVN was already very well established. In about 6-8 months of starting the site GEVN we had about 75-80% of all known veterans actively participating in outreach programs, fundraising, recruiting, and volunteering.

In this case, the national Dow VN is just getting started, and I intend to make it as well-run as GE was able to do. That's why I'm looking for community partners....to get veterans into action you have to have a mission!

Thanks again gentlemen; if you see/hear of anything else please post it!

rdm227

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2012
    Prairieville
    Hey guys.

I'm starting the Louisiana Veteran's Network hub for Dow Chemical (6 sites) and I need your help. I'm looking for contact info of some military/veteran-focused organizations to partner with in the coming months for volunteer and fundraising opportunities. They must be a 501(c)3 charitable organization, and I'd prefer to help the ones that have little to no paid employees. The reason is I want as much help and money to go to programs to help our brothers and sisters, not staff salary.

I already have the big hitters (VA hospitals, USO, VFWs, American Legions, etc). What about the Mom-and-Pop shops I might be missing on Google?

Thanks in advance,

Joe M.
    USAF / OEF 2009
    LANGEA.org

The Louisiana National Guard Enlisted Association

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jerry1090
    Top Bottom