Local lawyer says hunters should cover hog damage

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Forgive me if this is a reprint- but I was out of town & missed this last week. It was in The Advocate on 1-11....I couldn't stop laughing as I read this. Some of you in BR probably saw this- but it's worth showing here.

Someone should tell this dear lady that maybe she'd have better luck going after the decendents of Christopher Columbus. Or maybe just sue the hogs, themselves. :mamoru:

People who know N-O-T-H-I-N-G regarding a specific subject would be well-advised to refrain from lecturing others on said subject.*

*no oleheat jokes, please

http://www.2theadvocate.com/opinion/113252344.html#comment-form

Mouthpiece

Attorney
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    New Orleans
    I've known Judy for over 20 years. She wrote the majority of that letter with a great deal of tongue in her cheek. However, there is much to be said about taking personal responsibility.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    005MWO_Miss_Piggy_016.jpg

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief: Unless we act swiftly to recover some of the monetary damages caused by these evil people solely for their own amusement, we may lose the only chance we have. Time is not on our side. Shame on these savage fans of bloodsport who have managed to bring our state's eco-system to it's knees!"

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    I've known Judy for over 20 years. She wrote the majority of that letter with a great deal of tongue in her cheek. However, there is much to be said about taking personal responsibility.

Thank goodness that is sarcasm. She is maybe too good at it. Is her point that it is ridiculous to go after modern hunters for species that were introduced hundreds of years ago. Kinda like going after the The Southern Poverty Law Clinic for reparations?

This example might be more straight forward and toward your point about personal responsibility.

http://www.wlf.state.la.us/news/30257

The problem here, reportedly, is escapees from a poor attempt at fish farming.

Last edited:

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    She does not do it well.
    She merely comes off as a typical liberal.

While we are at it, I also suggest that we publicly identify those individuals responsible for introducing the nutria, a nonnative to North America, into Louisiana, and tax or penalize them and/or their descendants for the huge amount of damages nutria have caused to our state.

KellyAsh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    It's becomes hard to discern tongue in cheek when you hear people tell you that their solution to crime is to simply "not participate in the violence"...whatever that means. This is from the very ignorant mouth of a degreed computer programmer...more knowledge than wisdom and in the wrong areas.

Oh yeah, I also had another encounter with an extremely ignorant adult who thought is was an absurd and impoosible thought that there were black men that ever owned slaves in the US. She really thought slavery was a racial issue back then...amazing! It's very clear now, though, how a scumbag like Obama got elected.

She shoulda had one of us redneck farts edit it then there would be no doubt about it's comedic status.

KellyAsh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    What about the people that gave us rappers? :D

Why would we tax or fine these guys? If it weren't for them our candy would stick to our pockets and our paper would be dirty before we could write on it. I think we should tax and fine the people responsible for creating the pocket that the candy sticks to and the dirt that ignores the fact that this paper is about to be written on!

See, Miss WhatsHerNameLawyerLady? Now that's tongue in cheek! Hahahaha

Top Bottom