Local retired military vet applying for top shot.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • biggie1447

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2010
    Slidell
    This morning i talked with a former army veteran who is trying to get onto the fifth season of top shot.
    He posted his introduction video onto youtube and is trying to get noticed by the selection committee for the show.
    He asked for me to spread it around to try and help his chances to get selected.
    I told him about bayoushooter.com and hopefully we will have a new member to the board soon.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    This morning i talked with a former army veteran who is trying to get onto the fifth season of top shot.
    He posted his introduction video onto youtube and is trying to get noticed by the selection committee for the show.
    He asked for me to spread it around to try and help his chances to get selected.
    I told him about bayoushooter.com and hopefully we will have a new member to the board soon.

I really really liked this!

Every time I am in a patient's room and see "swamp people" or see parts from other La based outdoor/shooting type shows, I just cringe and think of how much I want to distance myself from that crap.

This Rob Roy guy actually knows how to showcase the state, himself, and what this area is good at/does best in an awesome way! I would be proud to say "Hey, this guy is from the state I was born in!" I think TV needs a little of that from La.

Rob Roy came across as honest (lots of hand movements agreeing with what he was saying, pauses that indicate that he was not reading a teleprompter and had paused to recall detail, etc.), educated, well-spoken, and above all, very sincere. I would like this area to be represented by someone like that. When I move, THIS is the type video clip/individual/representation of my home state that I want people to associate with where I am from.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Yes. I admit, he lost me at cowboy twirling his single action 1911.

I prefer his version of drama to the crap we have now that reminds me of that motorcycle garage show, or the other one with the kid showing off her 16 year old fake boobs, and the mom trying to re-capture herself 20 years ago, etc. TV demands a bit of flair, and I like his.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I prefer his version of drama to the crap we have now that reminds me of that motorcycle garage show, or the other one with the kid showing off her 16 year old fake boobs, and the mom trying to re-capture herself 20 years ago, etc. TV demands a bit of flair, and I like his.

yea...just till he pops a fo five hole in his ass on TV hahaha....he's dam good, I like all of it , but twirling is not smart, shouldn't that be in the gun safety rules somewhere or is common sense assumed ??

lilrogak47

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    baton rouge, la
    I try to be safe in everything I do, which would probably make me boring as an entertainer. Not saying everyone who is safe is boring to watch. What I am saying is that it is more fun to watch something when accidents are prone to happen (from a distance that is, ie: tv, youtube). Face it, people are entertained by other people doing things that they wouldn't normally do themselves. This doesn't make someone who enjoys seeing these types of things unsafe to society, or unfit to handle a firearm.

On another note, my father bought me my first real firearm the day I graduated kindergarten which was a rossi .22lr pump. I have been handling guns every since, and I intend on doing the same thing with my little girl who is now in kindergarten. That being said, I believe that if there was anything that I do with guns that is unsafe, I would have figured it out by now.

Wish I could watch this video on my phone, but it won't let me. Gotta get me another computer.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Top Bottom