Local Self Defense School

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROCKBEN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Mandeville, LA
    I remember reading an article a couple months ago in a local sports magazine and cannot find the article. I thought the article was in Lousiana Sportmans but I have searche through the past three years of magazines and have not found it. The article was about a practical shooting, self defense facility that I think was in the Slidell area. I was looking for my wife and I to go through the class. Someone please help me out.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Not sure about the article you read, but you should check out www.vatagroup.net. Also do a search on here for VATA. Greg and Destin are top notch and they're now located right in Slidell.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    In that area it HAD to be VATA, the guys are A+ but they will be out until the end of January

You might also want to check BEARCO TRaining, he has an Intro to Defensive Shooting and its followed by Combat Focus Shooting program

ROCKBEN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Mandeville, LA
    Vata was the on e I was looking for. I should have put a post up days ago before spending so much time going through magazines. Thanks for the help. And I am checinkg out BEARCO TRaining. Thanks again.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Vata was the on e I was looking for. I should have put a post up days ago before spending so much time going through magazines. Thanks for the help. And I am checinkg out BEARCO TRaining. Thanks again.

Bearco is good people as well. Though i've never trained with him, I look forward to doing so in the future.

Top Bottom