Local woman uses humiliation to teach daughter a lesson

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAUC

running from safety
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    NOLA
    I wonder if she got the idea from the guy that had his son wearing the sign for his bad grades.

http://www.wdsu.com/news/30667189/detail.html

30664590.jpg

When a 13-year-old girl was caught shoplifting a shirt in Marrero, the mother decided she could wear her crime on her sleeve.

Danaka Walker said she has taught her kids early on to never steal and never lie.

However, when the youngest of her four children was caught shoplifting a $10 dollar shirt about a week ago, the mother decided to give her a different shirt to wear.

When Aaroneisha Celestin walks out of her house from now on, her mother told her she will have to wear a neon green shirt to alert the public of her wrongdoing.

The Seventh-grader's shirt reads, “Hide your money. Hide your clothes. Hide everything. ‘Cuz I’m A Thief.’”

Celstin’s father was killed in 2006. Walker is a single mother of four and said she has no choice but to practice tough love.

Walker said Celestin will have to wear the shirt until the court proceedings are over.

Celestin is waiting on a court date, but Walker said she doesn’t want leniency from the judge.

The mother said she doesn’t want her daughter put in jail but wants to make sure Celestin learned her lesson.

“Every day you look at the news, somebody's getting killed. Somebody’s going to jail. Even at schools now, it's always something. I don't want my children to be in that statistic. I’m not, I can't,” Walker said.

Top Bottom