lockdowns???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meauxcg

Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    May 27, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Watching some of the action in Boston and saw where the office brought milk to a family that was "on lockdown". I was wondering how this was even remotely legal ?
    How do the police or the government enforce this or curfews?

bsoileau24

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Around ville platte
    I few years ago after a hurricane the city of ville platte issued a curfew.Well one night when i got off of work i was driving Home when the road was blocked with a humvee then four soldiers exited the vehicle and surrounded my truck and proceeded to question me while having three m9s pointed at me they held me there until the local leo got there. Then he said i was ok because i was getting off of work from cameron. That my what i know about what happens during a curfew

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I am pretty sure the police have the authority to cordon off areas during "Hot" pursuits. Mushmouth self-declaring Marshall Law on the entire city? No way!

I think we need to set the ground rules of these "instant" lockdowns. I can see a world of problems with this down the road. Everything the officals do now that may or may not be Constitutionally legal, is ALWAYS for the public good. :dunno:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Pretty sure the guy who posted this is a cop-basher.

But I can easily see how they'll get plenty of mileage out of this. :dunno:

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Not sure. Some reports said there were cases of "voluntary house sweeps".

I'm not an expert- but this doesn't look voluntary. :dogkeke:

There was a $hitload of folks in this house, though. :eek4:

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    Reminds me of the time my dad took me to the circus and there was this car full of clowns and they kept coming out and coming out and coming out and

Just A Number

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2010
    Keep in mind the fact that this may be one of the non-voluntary searches based on a tip but still lacking warrant. So they do the whole "hot persuit" approach.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Watching some of the action in Boston and saw where the office brought milk to a family that was "on lockdown". I was wondering how this was even remotely legal ?
    How do the police or the government enforce this or curfews?

when the herd is scared, they'll take shelter in the slaughterhouse under the promise of safety.

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Yeah, cop basher or not, screw that.
    Too much chance somebody would get shot for one. People get nervous when they're being screamed at by armed individuals. Nervous people make mistakes. Mistakes can get you killed. Marshal law was not declared in the city of Boston. Although it was being practiced. Not sure what police/swat would have done had someone not opened a door, so I won't go there. Clear violation of constitutional rights is what happened in Boston. All that happened in that town over so many hours, total shutdown of services, schools, business, etc. for one man. Say what you will, he had to be caught. But this could happen over and over for little to no reason anywhere in this country, and then what?
    Police state.
    Anybody who accepts that for any reason or that would give any justification is a sad case.

gabesurface

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Not going to stick up for either side but I was near Boston that weekend for a wedding. We had a couple people who lived in Watertown in the wedding. They were able to leave their house with no problems. The girl in the wedding forgot her dress so they had to go back, and still didn't have any over zealous police officers act like those in the video. I'm not a police officer but from the looks of the video - they thought something was going on there. Either a bad tip or other info or something. The officers looked way too "on guard" for just checking houses.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I few years ago after a hurricane the city of ville platte issued a curfew.Well one night when i got off of work i was driving Home when the road was blocked with a humvee then four soldiers exited the vehicle and surrounded my truck and proceeded to question me while having three m9s pointed at me they held me there until the local leo got there. Then he said i was ok because i was getting off of work from cameron. That my what i know about what happens during a curfew

I was stopped in Zachary after the storm one night by Zachary PD. I was on my way to a friend's house to spend the night because he had power. I was coming back from taking my elderly mama to MS to my sister. I wasn't driving my vehicle I was driving a good friend's car that was a the brother in law of a retired ZPD Detective. The Officer told me there was a curfew, I told him what I was doing and that I had a CHP and had my weapon on. He was OK with that and when he looked on the back seat he asked what the M4 was for. I told him looters, he just smiled and said be careful and I was on my way.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom