LOLZ louisianasportsman.com

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • headshot

Mentally Hilarious
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Gonzales LA
    #6 and #8 are golden!!

#6. If you want to 'ofur yur gun far sell', then please know how to spell better than a 2nd grade student. Some of the ads here look like they were written by a retarded kindergarten student.

#8. U.A.T.M.P.A.F.W.- This means use abbreviations that most people are familiar with.

:bowrofl: :bowrofl:

cripple

Quad CCW
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2008
    N. of I10
    He misspelled add!...just saying...:)

"This is not guns for sale by txt message. #9. If you buy an 899.00 ar-15 rifle and ad 2,000.00 in accessories to it"

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Gun sale etiquette.​

After buying, selling, and collecting firearms for many years, I thought I would offer some free etiquette tips regarding selling used firearms on our hosts site. Believe me, some of you need it. Here are your free tips.

#1. Your pump shotgun that sells new at academy sports for 300.00 probably wont sell here for 475.00 no matter how many times you re-list it.

#2. Just because you have a Browning A-5 or Winchester Model 12 shotgun, does not automatically qualify it as 'collector grade' nor are you 'giving it away' at 675.00 or more. Please consult a knowledgable person or publication before listing prices on any gun.

#3. No one is probably going to trade you a boat or a four wheeler or a deer lease for your 150.00 dollar pistol or shotgun(unless they are really, really, dumb).

#4. Whenever possible, post a picture of a gun and do not rely on descriptions only. It is impossible for a collector or buyer to determine the condition of a gun by your laymens description.

#4. Update your ad if you sold the gun within the last decade.

#5. No matter how many sportsmans guide or gun show accessories you have on your SKS, it will never be worth more than 300.00 (TOPS)!!

#6. If you want to 'ofur yur gun far sell', then please know how to spell better than a 2nd grade student. Some of the ads here look like they were written by a retarded kindergarten student.

#7. We appreciate you listing your used cell phone for sale here, but we would prefer to see what guns you have for sale. (No! We don't want to trade you a gun for your used cell phone).

#8. U.A.T.M.P.A.F.W.- This means use abbreviations that most people are familiar with. This is not guns for sale by txt message.

#9. If you buy an 899.00 ar-15 rifle and ad 2,000.00 in accessories to it, it does not make it a 2,899.00 rifle even though you think it does or throw in the extra cleaning brush with it.

#10. Stop listing in your descriptions that your 100.00 crack barrel rifle with tasco scope will shoot 10 rounds into 1 hole at 600 yards. (We are all aware that if it did, you probably wouldn't be selling it so cheap..or at all.

#11. To all of you who are doing it honestly and correctly...Thank you for making this a great sight to visit and purchase a used gun at a fair price. Enjoy your free advice.

STICKY! :rofl:

Vegasjay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Carencro, LA
    Someone should do one of these lists for some of the people selling trucks on there. Like.

#1-No one is going to pay you 20K for a 8 year old Sierra with 250K miles on it even if it has Mossy Oak interior.

But I agree with most of what this guy says.

bhp9mm

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 26, 2007
    slidell,la
    its geting out of hand on there with ffl dealers posting guns and people posting there jennings and saying there great guns and asking $200 for them

dangerousdon

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    I am so glad someone out there wrote something like that.

#1. Your pump shotgun that sells new at academy sports for 300.00 probably wont sell here for 475.00 no matter how many times you re-list it.

I cannot for the life of me understand how many pistols or rifles go up for sale on here for more than someone can buy it for new.

There are others on her that warrant attention but I will let others do it.

As far as the spelling thing goes...if you misspell something on accident that is one thing. I misspell things all the time (mostly from fat fingering the keyboard, size 15 ring finger, what can I say?), but if it is obvious that every other three letter word is misspelled please do a proof of your post. Hell my web browser that I use (Firefox) lets me know if I misspell things so I can correct them.

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    It is funny, because it is very true.

On the other hand,(And this isn't directed towards anyone on this thread.) You don't get 20 internet experts taking a dump on your for sale ad because their buddy bought one from his cousin's uncle who works at a gun shop, for less than what you are asking.

Just sayin.

Last edited:

Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell
    That guy deserves an invite to BS!

I'm sure he is here somewhere, lurking, waiting for someonw to offer a Taurus Judge for $799 with half a box of .410's free.:D

I agree with him 100%. Anyone notice the Colt Pocket Pistol that was listed there 10x?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom