longrange, MOA discussion, f/class, et al

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Wouldn't a CTC group of .528 be smaller than two 308 holes next to each other? 308+308=616, right?

Actually, a center to center group of .528" with a .308 would be .836". It still would be considered a .528 moa at 100yds.

Two holes right next to each other would be .616" or .308 moa. They would also be .308 center to center.

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    well the parted out price doesnt include the bipod or the rifle case or the 2 boxes of ammo. that totals more than 100 smackers.

as for the measurements, i went by the actual holes, i believe thats industry standard but i may be mistaken. The pics with Caliper are there to see, its not like im hiding anything or full of ****, so im not sure the question?

I measured Outside to Outside for the .520 not sure center to center , spose i can do it if u want.

That's OK. Thanks for answering my Qs. Sorry to threadjack your for sale thread.

LongRange

Weatherby...no Substitute
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    Nope.. wasnt joking, i use Nitrous to cool my barrels...

as for the target.. heres a .308 shell.. so i guess ctc is about .308 thats as simple as it gets.

pmt0zwrwqc1r2g3pwpt.jpg

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    June 6th and yes. Any kind of scope is sufficient. 66 rounds, front bi-pod, rear bean or sandbag, and your match fee ($10-15). You get first place in F-T/R (regardless of score) and I'll even pay your match fee back to you.

You going to pay for his therapist when that 16 year old girl beats him like a red headed step child?

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    You going to pay for his therapist when that 16 year old girl beats him like a red headed step child?

He doesn't have to beat Ashlyn.....he only needs to score a 600-60x which should be a cake walk with a 1/4 moa rifle! Her rifle must be no where near that accurate since she can only score in the 570's.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    i can handle gettin beat by a girl... beat by some guy with a remington or ar will be the issue i couldnt live with.

You shouldn't have anything to worry about. My "P.O.S." Remington's highest score was in the mid-560's and the spread was closer to 2 moa at 600yds. Like I said........cake walk.

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    Yall keep this up and I'll have to break out my Rem 700 and start yet another hobby that I can't afford.

LongRange

Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    You shouldn't have anything to worry about. My "P.O.S." Remington's highest score was in the mid-560's and the spread was closer to 2 moa at 600yds. Like I said........cake walk.

but is ur remmy bone stock? U got me shooting a bone stock lowest end weatherby you can buy against a bunch of heavy barrel, custom trigger, bedded rifles. hell im even gonna shoot with factory loads just for shits and giggles. This should be fun anyways,lol.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    but is ur remmy bone stock? U got me shooting a bone stock lowest end weatherby you can buy against a bunch of heavy barrel, custom trigger, bedded rifles. hell im even gonna shoot with factory loads just for shits and giggles. This should be fun anyways,lol.

Does it really matter? My target rifle has never shot what I consider a true 1/4 moa group......even after it was blueprinted, rebarreled, trigger work, etc. The best it's done was a 5 shot group that measured right around .65 inches or .342 moa. A 10 shot group will yield about 1/2 moa at 100yds. I know we're really nit-picking about group size here, but you're also charging $100 more for a rifle that shoots that much better, so I figure I could get you a better deal. I'll buy the package for $200 more than you're asking if you can prove it at the match.....that's all.

And yes........no matter the out-come.......it is a blast to get out there and shoot. Even if it takes a bet to get you out there, you'll see.

Last edited:

LongRange

Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    Does it really matter? My target rifle has never shot what I consider a true 1/4 moa group......even after it was blueprinted, rebarreled, trigger work, etc. The best it's done was a 5 shot group that measured right around .65 inches or .342 moa. A 10 shot group will yield about 1/2 moa at 100yds. I know we're really nit-picking about group size here, but you're also charging $100 more for a rifle that shoots that much better, so I figure I could get you a better deal. I'll buy the package for $200 more than you're asking if you can prove it at the match.....that's all.

And yes........no matter the out-come.......it is a blast to get out there and shoot. Even if it takes a bet to get you out there, you'll see.

LOL Hell yes it matters, im going to be holding a 7.5lb rifle steady and yanking on a stock trigger shooting a hot thin ass barrel, thats alot of user error in that one sentence,lol. However.. as my Daddy always says.. "Ya run what ya brung!" .... im soooo gonna kick someones ass out there... got any blind members?

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    It is the Indian, not the arrow.
    A good shooter with a stock gun that shoots sub-MOA should be able to compete out there.

Top Bottom