Looking for .380

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wjhachet

Infidel
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    LaPlace, LA
    I am looking to purchase a .380 and had a Kel-Tec. I want a full size .380 and was not sure who makes the best ones or suggestions on which one to get. This is for my wife and she hated the Kel Tec...

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    The Bersa is a nice shooting pistol. It isn't full size, but I was very impressed with the one I got to shoot.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I would look into a Bersa Conceal Carry model, is a little bit bigger and more pleasant to shoot that the regular thunder, also the bodyguard 380 might be a good choice with the added weight of the laser.

Will be hard to find a FULL size but maybe a step above a micro pocket would be a better choice, walther makes the PK380 which is DEF a big gun but not something I would personally buy

bassicpackrat

Dopplebock Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Opelousas,LA 70570
    have a couple of the Bersa Thunder .380 models my wife and I currently use for CC and love them. I shot my buddies Kel-Tec .380 and was not impressed, stiff trigger and way too small in my hands.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    thats because its a polymer frane that doest help any with the recoil, heaving a little more weight being all metal makes a big dif but it also adds weight to carry it in the pocket, not to mention that a lot of people dont believe behind it since its not built here but they good guns IMO.

I like my keltec and has never given me any problems, she has been a good little gun and goes with me wherever I go as a backup, but its not a gun you want to shoot every day

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Taurus used to make the Millenium Pro in .380 but I dont think it continues to be produced ever since they moved on to the 24/7 line.

I actually had one of those and its one of those guns that I regret selling it was my ex wifes purse gun, def NO a pocket gun hehe

You might also want to look into a Beretta 84, is VERY similar to a 92 just shrinked down, they tend to be a little pricey though and hard to find one under $300 in decent shape

Last edited:

josh_912

c.c.
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    belle rose,la
    If your ever in my part of the world I've got a beretta 84Fs you can shoot,mines not for sale but you can see if you like before you buy one. Cliff

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Glock makes a full sized .380, but unfortunately, you can't bring it into the United States. Sorry.

Bersa makes several models of .380 and all are very reliable and accurate. and really fun to shoot.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Dave the Glock 25 wouldnt be a FULL size, granted it would be bigger than the other options in that cartridge but its in similar size to a 19 and not a 17, they also make a Glock 28 which is the sub-compact version, closest they will come to the US is Mexico :)

Last edited:

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Yes I meant CZ83. My son had built a sack of toys on top of the ottoman trying to reach the light cord. Just as I hit send he hit the ground. My mistake.

I'd like to see how you can prove that one.

I've shot and handled both. The CZ was fit and finished better, had a better trigger, and at least for me was more accurate. That being said the Bersa's OK. It's made to a price point so it's fit and finish wasn't as nice. Both will work though. Gun Tests also reviewed the CZ83 and said it was one of the best guns they ever tested with respect to how the DA/SA trigger worked. Bersa was functional and much less money.

Dave

Last edited:

mikeinneworlean

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    New Orleans
    I have a 1994-era Walther ppk/s that I really enjoy.
    Small enough to conceal easily, but enough heft to keep it from biting my hand the way my Ruger LCP does.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    The Cz82 is a much better gun than the Bersa. Just saying...
    Dave

Yes I meant CZ83. My son had built a sack of toys on top of the ottoman trying to reach the light cord. Just as I hit send he hit the ground. My mistake.

I've shot and handled both. The CZ was fit and finished better, had a better trigger, and at least for me was more accurate. That being said the Bersa's OK. It's made to a price point so it's fit and finish wasn't as nice. Both will work though. Gun Tests also reviewed the CZ83 and said it was one of the best guns they ever tested with respect to how the DA/SA trigger worked. Bersa was functional and much less money.

Dave

I got the impression from your first statement that the Bersa is an inferior gun. However, your second post doesn't say that, but merely goes on to explain that your opinion is that CZ is a much better handgun than Bersa, though nothing is wrong with Bersa.

Ok. I'm calm now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom