Looking For A Hunting Buddy/ Mentor...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LSU007

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Slidell, LA
    Haven't been hunting since I was a kid. Am dying to get back into it. Would like to find someone who is interested in showing me the ropes all over again. Maybe someone who is allowed to bring a guest to their hunting club or even hunt WMA. Willing to help out with work or prep on hunting land as well. I am 32 yrs old, married, no kids yet (pregnant wife), working professional!

Please PM me if interested! I live in Slidell, LA but willing to travel. Interested in all game, very interested in deer, turkey, hog, duck.

-Chad

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Haven't been hunting since I was a kid. Am dying to get back into it. Would like to find someone who is interested in showing me the ropes all over again. Maybe someone who is allowed to bring a guest to their hunting club or even hunt WMA. Willing to help out with work or prep on hunting land as well. I am 32 yrs old, married, no kids yet (pregnant wife), working professional!

Please PM me if interested! I live in Slidell, LA but willing to travel. Interested in all game, very interested in deer, turkey, hog, duck.

-Chad

Have a bow, shotgun or hunting rifle?

LSU007

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Slidell, LA
    No Bow....never done it before! Not opposed to learning in the future.

I have both rifle and shotgun. Just built my new AR15 in 5.56/.223 and would love to get my first deer w/ it (YES, my FIRST deer)!!! I know, at 32 yrs old, kind of depressing. I am a pretty decent shot. Just haven't been overly exposed to hunting throughout my early adult life. As silly as it may seem/sound, with a little one on the way next year...i'd like to get a few good years of experience to be able to pass on some knowledge to my little one!!!

Pretty much open to any type of invites! Interested in possibly joining a hunting club if need be, but would like to spend this first season as a guest/getting acquainted w/ people of the club as well as a chance to get back into hunting in general!!!

Thanks!!!

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball

I have both rifle and shotgun. Just built my new AR15 in 5.56/.223 and would love to get my first deer w/ it (YES, my FIRST deer)!!! I know, at 32 yrs old, kind of depressing. I am a pretty decent shot. Just haven't been overly exposed to hunting throughout my early adult life. As silly as it may seem/sound, with a little one on the way next year...i'd like to get a few good years of experience to be able to pass on some knowledge to my little one!!!

Pretty much open to any type of invites! Interested in possibly joining a hunting club if need be, but would like to spend this first season as a guest/getting acquainted w/ people of the club as well as a chance to get back into hunting in general!!!

Thanks!!!
    Be sure to practice alot if shooting deer with 223-556 AR as shot placement will be pretty critical to get a nice clean kill. I'm glad your taking interest in learning a very good life skill.. Have you taken the hunter safety course? If not you need to do that first. I'm alittle too far awy to help and the only decent place I have to hunt is family land and has even more crazy rules then most hunting clubs..lol I hope someone is able to let you tag along!

LSU007

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Slidell, LA
    Thanks! I'm 90% accurate at 100 yds shooting 6" plates....with open sites! Hunter Safety course completed some 10 yrs ago...I've been duck hunting a few times since then, thats about it though!!!

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006

Thanks!!!

Nothing to be embarrassed about. I'm 31, going on 32 and haven't shot my first deer. Matter of fact, last year was the first time I went squirrel hunting and actually came out with my limit. Gotta start somewhere. If you were closer to B.R. I'd invite you out to shoot some tree rats this weekend.

Last edited:

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I've been dying to get some good wild game in the freezer, but I haven't hunted since I was a kid (probably 17 years AGO), and just can't justify the cost of a club after being out of it for sooooo long. I'd love to go hunt ANYTHING. I tried hogs this summer, but got locked down at work with tons of overtime, so family time became more important than being in the woods.

If anyone is willing to take on a born-again-noob hunting partner, I'm down! I got a shotgun, rifle, and a 2 wheel drive lol

Last edited:
    Top Bottom