Looking for a Left Hand AR for my bride

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • peak98

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Denham Springs
    I'm looking for a left hand AR-15 for my bride for an anniversary present. Any recommendations as far as who makes a good one, or what to stay away from. I'm looking to buy in the next week or so if I find one. Thanks in advance.

Darrell

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=547

cathdleft.gif

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    The magazine release is still in the wrong side, even though they do sell ambi mag releases now Im not sure why they cant just flip things around and put the hole in the other side to keep the manual of arms the same just flipped for right/left but the procedure should be the same either way

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    I'm mostly wrong handed too and put a BAL, ambi safety and charging handle on mine....but I can really shoot either way

yamarider450

EO1(SCW)U.S NAVY SEABEE
    Rating - 92.3%
    11   1   1
    Jun 1, 2008
    Slidell, la
    Left handed stag

Got a left hand stag model 2l with magpul upgrade. $995 cash. Also 2 sig p229 on a 9mm and 40 cal. Also left handed 22 conversion kit stag brand.

Last edited:

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    The magazine release is still in the wrong side, even though they do sell ambi mag releases now Im not sure why they cant just flip things around and put the hole in the other side to keep the manual of arms the same just flipped for right/left but the procedure should be the same either way

Because it would require custom left handed magazines or, god forbid, a proprietary lower reciever

Last edited:

Enraged Gecko

Rating - 81.8%
    9   2   0
    Jun 14, 2012
    Walker, La
    Lefty AR-15s are a gimmick. I'm left handed and never had a problem with the location of the magazine release or the ejection port. Ambidextrous safety levers are convenient, but unnecessary.

If you cup the magazine well with your right hand, the magazine release can easily be pressed with the thumb and the safety can be articulated with the index finger of the left hand (you do keep your index finger clear of the trigger until you're ready to shoot, don't you?)

Ambi safeties are more critical on handguns, but it's easier to shoot a pistol with your weak hand than a rifle, as the pistol is usually centered in your field of view. A little advice from a lefty to a lefty, don't complicate things

lawarren0351

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    Lafayette
    I fully agree with Enraged Gecko. I have been shooting since I was teetiny and have had no problems being a lefty. The only upgrade I put on my ar is an ambi safety and that is for convenience only. I have never had brass in my face or any of the usually whinny complaints. The lefty ar are a total gimmick.

Top Bottom