Looking for a Room to Rent in Raceland June 16-July 10

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    This is kind of a long shot and I'm not even sure if this is the right forum to go to, but I figured I'd give it a try.

I'm doing a four week rotation at Ochsner St. Anne in Raceland. I'll be working either in the ER or in the family medicine clinic. I'm normally based out of the main Ochsner hospital in Jefferson but since I'm doing another four week away rotation in Alaska I rented my house out to some other visiting students. I've tried looking around but haven't found much in the way of places to stay in the area, at least not furnished and short term. I can't pack any of my own furniture in unfortunately.

I'm a fourth year med student, clean and quiet. I plan on spending most of my time either at the hospital or shuttered away, shut in style, cramming for my board exams at the end of June. I've got my own car so while close to the hospital is always a Good Thing it's not required. I just need a quiet place nearby to sleep, study and shower while I'm down there.

My rotation runs from June 16th through July 10th or so. Feel free to PM me if you have a room or know where I could look. I plan on being at the CAS shoot in Thibodeaux this Sunday if you want to meet in person. I'm heading to Alaska in a couple of weeks though so my time here is getting frantically short as I prepare for that.

For what it's worth Ochsner is bringing in more and more medical students into their system, I think there are 137 that started in first year and they are sending more students to satellite hospitals like St. Anne; I'll happily refer anyone to other 3rd and 4th year medical students going down there who might be in need of housing.

Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    No luck finding long term rates on the hotel there, the owner said they only do dailies. I'm flying back to NOLA in about a week and haven't had any luck so far.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    look on craigslist. houma section, its about 30 mins away, but its the best for the region.

post an ad asking for a place, i did it when i went to tucson for emt school.

dwsonar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Lockport
    There are a couple of motels in Lockport. They're both older but at least one has been remodled recently. Lockport Motel and Econo Inn I think.

Top Bottom