Looking for a special sort of gun-free zone sign

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    At a business where I work (automotive repair), we have a problem with certain undesirable customers toting in firearms, carrying AR15 pistol conversions, etc. Has anyone seen/made a sign restricting open carry of weapons upon the premises? (I would like to support legal concealed carry).

For what it's worth, this business is well within 1000' of a school zone and customers shouldn't be carrying guns around anyways. But the boss man wants some visible restriction so he can point at the sign and hopefully not anger an illegally gun toting customer.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Put up a sign saying "legal concealed carry only permitted"? Private Buisiness so you can put up a sign saying anything you want. 1000' feet does not pertain to legal concealed carry off of school property.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    At a business where I work (automotive repair), we have a problem with certain undesirable customers toting in firearms, carrying AR15 pistol conversions, etc. Has anyone seen/made a sign restricting open carry of weapons upon the premises? (I would like to support legal concealed carry).

For what it's worth, this business is well within 1000' of a school zone and customers shouldn't be carrying guns around anyways. But the boss man wants some visible restriction so he can point at the sign and hopefully not anger an illegally gun toting customer.
    You really have that many people toting around AR's at a mechanic shop?

That 1000' rule is so unconstitutional but then again, I would wager we could find more unconstitutional laws than constitutional.

And how is that sign going to prevent undesireables from continuing to carry but doing it more covertly?
    You will either **** off an honest person or no longer have your eyes on a not so honest person's gun.

Last edited:

Suburbazine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    We have gotten a lot of North BR visits lately. The sign is intended to draw attention away from the fact we do not want to see any more guns at the counter.

I'm looking for a tactful way to do it without pissing off the honest customers (we don't have any customers that open carry aside from the thugs)(law enforcement is an exception). A standard gun free sign won't cut it. I'm looking for a way to pass the buck without it being our fault. More importantly, I'm trying to find a way to say we support legal modes of carry and won't have it any other way.

I'm really trying to keep a blanket "all guns are banned" sign from appearing.

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    "Thug free zone"sign?

That would be brilliant and totally racist.

Sad to say in this day and age you are right.

It's not our fault that stereotypes are statisticly accurate.

You hear the word terrorist you invision a muslim.
    You hear the word thug you invision a young black male with his pants dragging the ground.
    You hear the word druglord you invision a middle age hispanic male.
    You hear the word meth-cooker you invision a serverely under weight white guy with 4 teeth in his mouth.

Only the last one is acceptable. But why?

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    If you're in the 1000 ft zone, put up a notice to your customers that they "may" be subject to arrest for open carry due to proximity to whatever is making the zone. Just find a local sign shop to make it.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Get a sign shop to make you some good looking signs with notice about being in a gun free school zone and LEGAL conceal carry only. Or something like that.

STPHomie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2015
    Madisonville

If you only work there, it seems like the owner should be working on this. What does the business owner think?

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Where is this place? Lol. I get the undesireable part. I could imagine the type of person who would OC the weapon described. Although, I am in full support of constitutional rights.

Suburbazine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If you only work there, it seems like the owner should be working on this. What does the business owner think?

I'm asking because I was asked to come up with a sign that makes drawing the line between good customer and criminal actions a bit wider (with legal basis on it for reference). No reason an angry person should be in front of me twiddling with his gold-painted high-point hanging out of his pants...or for that matter, gold painted high pernts should be illegal.

You want to support legal means of carry...but want to restrict those legally open carrying.

No, they're illegally carrying, and we don't support those that OC with the intent to intimidate anyways. And it's not harmless OC, it's wannabe gangsters (the fake can be real enough) who aren't happy their 3rd-hand BMW requires parts to keep functioning.

Where is this place? Lol. I get the undesirable part. I could imagine the type of person who would OC the weapon described. Although, I am in full support of constitutional rights.

You've just imagined the type of person we want to give a message. Without the place getting shot up, of course. I'm in full favor of 2nd amendment rights as well, however, I'm not interested in having to keep one hand under the counter when dealing with these persons. It makes writing a bill really hard. Without coming right out and naming names, we are located on S. Acadian in a good neighborhood.

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    You want to support legal means of carry...but want to restrict those legally open carrying.

Kinda what I was thinking

But I'm sure if you notify the cops of people repeadly showing up carrying ar-15 pistols and you are in fact to close to a school zone I'm sure they would make an honest attempt to pass by on pretty reg to handle the issue

Last edited:

Cajun Camper

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Lafayette, La.
    Sounds like you need a couple of big Bouncers instead of a sign. Try asking the local PD or Sheriff to have a unit stop by for a cup of coffee or soft drink for a few minutes a couple times a day. The word will get out pretty quick.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom